This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
    I was unable to access my control because an ad opens up when I put my cursor at the top of the page and there was no where to close it.... It was a really gruesome ad for a movie too....
    That happens most often for me with the Circuit City ads, or the one for the gaming console. After a few seconds it disappears and I can access the top menu options again.

Comment

Damn You, Ads, Damn You All To Hell!!!11!!
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

It didn't disappear. It stayed until I changed page.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I tried to click on "my controls" earlier today and opened up a window to Circuit City. I don't think the drop-down was extended, either.

Comment

just wanted to point this out
            Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 11 June 2007, 06:46 PM.
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

There's an ad about a show called Kyle which enlarges when I put my cursor over the my control link. Even when I closed it and clicked on my controls I was taken to the abc wedsite.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
                There's an ad about a show called Kyle which enlarges when I put my cursor over the my control link. Even when I closed it and clicked on my controls I was taken to the abc wedsite.
                Yes have that too atm...and it is annoying me...you don't have any idea, especially if you work with tabs this must pop up a lot... In the last half hour it did that for me...and can I just say that I am already annoyed by it and I am not a person who is easily annoyed.

Comment

I keep unintentionally entering the abc site when I want to access a link at the top.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ha. I guess I'm not the only one getting irritated with the Kyle XY ad tonight. It expands every time my cursor goes near it, and then it doesn't shrink by itself-I have to manually close it. Grrr. I've accidentally opened it a couple dozen times.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

i am having the same problem every single time I click the GW logo trying to get to the forum main page. it is quite annoying especially since i do not like the show

Comment

Yeah, the Kyle XY promotion is driving me nuts. I don't even have to click it and it pops up everytime I try to go to a different thread through the main forum button and then it goes automatically to the family viewing page. I seem to have to hit close more than once before it goes away.
                        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                          Yeah, the Kyle XY promotion is driving me nuts. I don't even have to click it and it pops up everytime I try to go to a different thread through the main forum button and then it goes automatically to the family viewing page. I seem to have to hit close more than once before it goes away.
                          Ever since that *#)!@! Kyle X promotional banner started, it takes FOREVER for a page to load. I've even just given up at times, and it's just that one stupid banner. I don't know what they have in it but it's just toxic to loading times.

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one being driven to insanity but that awful Kyle XY banner I was hoping it would go away but now it hasn't I'm coming here to complain about it

Comment

Bah!!! Kyle XY Banner must die, now!

Everytime it drops down it covers up the main logo and the toolbars (where "My Control" and other stuff is), and even when it retracts, it takes a while for the real links to show up again.

'Tis a good reason not to watch Kyle XY ever, no?

Comment

Oh, darn it! I have just spend too much time on closing the Kyle XL thingy now...

I agree. Must.get.rid.of.it. The dominant yet overly sensitive little... bugger.
                                *Notice how I'm already personalizing the thing

Now that I got that out of my system I feel much better
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X