This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering what was going on too.

At least I can say the money I spent renewing my internet security package recently was worth it! It blocked them pretty effectively as most of the banners were just a blank white screen.

Comment

No real troubles with banners but a few pop-ups are getting really really annoying
      I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

The ads that pop up and dance are annoying. The ones that play audio even more so. Especially if one is sneaking in from work.
        Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
        sigpic

Comment

So... any idea when the new ad code will be installed?

Also, I notice some of the ads are coming out kinda shrunken (half the size of the others). Are they supposed to be like that?

Comment

Code is installed, still working out the kinks. We're getting a lot of ads that I don't want, and the first step is always determining whether they're coming from Gorilla Nation or Google.

You will occasionally see a smaller, 468x60 ad. Not sure why that is, but it's because of the new code.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
              Code is installed, still working out the kinks. We're getting a lot of ads that I don't want, and the first step is always determining whether they're coming from Gorilla Nation or Google.

You will occasionally see a smaller, 468x60 ad. Not sure why that is, but it's because of the new code.

Thanks so much for all your work, Darren. Those flashy ads were giving me a headache.
              Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP View Post
                [ATTACH]3773[/ATTACH]

Has anyone else seen or clicked on this banner?
                I'm afraid to click on it for fear it's going to offend me ...
                Does anyone know what it's about???

Adrianne

i know. in a way i want to click it but it is probably aload of spam.
                Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                sigpic
                sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Havent' noticed 'flashing ads' but the talking iPod ad is annoying...

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                    That is annoying!! I hate that lady!

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      I'm seeing the old ads again so it might be fixed.
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

i'm getting the talkin iPod ad now.

it needs to die.

die die die die.

Comment

Originally posted by Team SG-1*save the show* View Post
                          i know. in a way i want to click it but it is probably aload of spam.
                          It does exactly what it says on the tin. It takes you to a page containing a trailer for a film called "The God Movie" or something, which is also the domain.

... I too was curious.
                          Last edited by Anubis69; 08 March 2007, 01:47 PM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
                            It does exactly what it says on the tin. It takes you to a page containing a trailer for a film called "The God Movie" or something, which is also the domain.

... I too was curious.
                            What's the movie about????

Adrianne
                            If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                            It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

So Darren, are we better off waiting for you to get the right filters or whatever back in place or do you want a list of the various "bad" ads so you can weed 'em out? And if you want them weeded, what info do you need? Just the link?

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP View Post
                                What's the movie about????

Adrianne
                                "Critically acclaimed documentary" ... Apparently.

Bowling for Columbine did it to the gun culture.

Super Size Me did it to fast food.

Now The God Who Wasn't There does it to religion.

Holding modern Christianity up to a bright spotlight, this bold and often hilarious new film asks the questions few dare to ask.

Your guide through the world of Christendom is former fundamentalist Brian Flemming, joined by such luminaries as Jesus Seminar fellow Robert M. Price, professor Richard Dawkins, author Sam Harris and historian Richard Carrier.

See the movie the Los Angeles Times calls "provocative - to put it mildly."

Hold on to your faith. It's in for a bumpy ride.
                                If i remember the first trailer right: Jesus died in 33AD and the first book written in the New Testament references a temple being destroyed in 70AD, therefore what of the 40 year gap?

ETA: From this trailer, it appears to be about the origins of Christianity. I can't believe they actually compared guns and fast food to religion.

Oh, and here's the wiki page.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Working...
                                X