Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the Halloween/ABC Family ad this morning when I was trying to get to the forum. Since I don't have the forum bookmarked on this computer I have to go to Gateworld and click over. That ad wouldn't allow me . So I refreshed the page and a different ad came up that didn't freeze things.

The things I do for this place.

Adrianne
    If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
    It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
      And I just saw that flashing, bouncing "College girls" ad, which could be seen as offensive, irritating as hell, or both.
      This one? It's both.
      Spoiler:

It needs to go. Just discovered it at the top of my controls page.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

LOL ....I hadn't noticed the one with the college girls and am glad I haven't. Beyond being a little questionable as far as pg rating goes, it's just hard on the eyes with all that jittering.

Comment

Ack, my eyes! My eyes! LoneStar, that spoiler should come with a "Warning: May Cause Seizures" tag.

Comment

Thanks for the head's up. This is absolutely contrary to our advertising standards (in more ways than one), and I've requested that it be removed immediately.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I feel dirty.

Adrianne
              If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.

My LibraryThing.

Comment

My issue is with the Chase credit card ad.
                It loads just fine. Then I get a blank blue background and the word -Done- at the bottom of my window. Nothing of the thread/post that I'm trying to see. I have to give it a couple of shots to get my information back or posted.
                You're never too old to do something goofy.
                sigpic
                Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Out of curiosity... this is the second day I've had a Norton security warning pop up while browsing the forum- just a notice saying that an attack on my computer has been thwarted. Anyone else having this problem?

Don't know what ad, if any, is causing it. Looking right now I'm getting "Page cannot be displayed" errors for the top and bottom ad boxes.

Comment

Wow! That's really bad! I would think

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      Out of curiosity... this is the second day I've had a Norton security warning pop up while browsing the forum- just a notice saying that an attack on my computer has been thwarted. Anyone else having this problem?

Don't know what ad, if any, is causing it. Looking right now I'm getting "Page cannot be displayed" errors for the top and bottom ad boxes.
                      the ad on top with the smilies it's from hotbar which is a very bad type of spyware/adware hard to remove

http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/p...x?id=453075474
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                        Thanks for the head's up. This is absolutely contrary to our advertising standards (in more ways than one), and I've requested that it be removed immediately.
                        Thanks Darren. It really is not in keeping with the over-all tone of the Forum and I personally find it in poor taste. However, you and David have the final say and it's nice to know you agree.
                        On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Apologies from our service provider for the "College Girls" ad. It was accidentally added to our account, and immediately removed!
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

this is one of the ads that might be setting shadows nortons off it's from hotbar

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...4/Untitled.jpg
                            Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 30 March 2007, 06:22 PM.
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

like i said in another thread - if you're using firefox (and you should be), make sure you have the adblock, and flashblock extensions. you'll be surprised how much faster gateworld runs and how much nicer it looks when everything is blocked.

Comment

Except that the forum loses revenue that way. This has brought up the paid version vs the unpaid version that has been raging for a while. Create a subscription type account and filter out the ads, and create a nonpay account with the ads.
                                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X