• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar
    I think you just described a Clanger pimple
    Ewwww!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      What is this? The "see how far you can push Clanger" thread?
      Now there's an idea for a thread. I wouldn't dare post much, but I'd love to see what kind of trouble the rest of you can get into.
      gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I asked Darren this, but he didn't have a definitive answer. Does anyone out there know how to find a reputable script agent. Someone's got to read my scripts. Oh yeah, what's the average length of a script?

Comment

Originally posted by hypergate
          Oh yeah, what's the average length of a script?
          This is just a guess but I think the average length is between 110-125 pages, but I'm not totally sure about that.
          sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, what's the average length of a script?
            You might want to try reading a couple of books on screenwriting and/or taking a course on it before you go running off to find an agent to market your scripts. The books/course will tell you everything you need to know about writing a script, including the average script length for a one-hour drama. That's a pretty essential, pretty basic piece of knowledge. You want to make sure your scripts are to code before you try to do anything with them.

Check out Scr(i)pt Magazine or any of the other trade mags for more info on finding a reputable agent.

Comment

I don't think a T.V. script is over 100 pages. I've found some scripts for past episodes online. I don't think they were that long. Thanks for the effort. Any thoughts on my first question?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                You might want to try reading a couple of books on screenwriting and/or taking a course on it before you go running off to find an agent to market your scripts. The books/course will tell you everything you need to know about writing a script, including the average script length for a one-hour drama. That's a pretty essential, pretty basic piece of knowledge. You want to make sure your scripts are to code before you try to do anything with them.

Check out Scr(i)pt Magazine or any of the other trade mags for more info on finding a reputable agent.
                I have read a little about scripts and am still reading. I plan to go back and touch up my script when I'm finished. I have also taken a class on scripts, got sick and couldn't finish. I think the length for a drama is 45-55 pages. I'm not sure. Different sources give different info, who to trust? Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

I'd suggest making sure you know what you're doing first. Reading a few scripts online (or even in paper format) doesn't exactly qualify you to be a script writer.

Just like watching a couple of real-life medical specials doesn't qualify you to perform brain surgery.

Comment

I have read scripts and read about them. I just write from what I know about scripts now. I have already gone back and reformated things twice. I plan on doing this again and again. From what I've read and heard, it is almost a rule that you send multiple scripts on multiple genres to agents. This is the first hour long script I've written. Before I send anything out I plan to have at least 3 if not 4 scripts to agents. Plenty of time to research and make sure I got the right formatting. I figure a few months till I'm ready. I've already wrote half a script in a 4 days. I've got a long way to go and I know it. I admit I'm not entirely sure how long. Thanks for your concern.

Comment

Continued in a new thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=23888
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I have read the rules for adding a picture. Many people have pictures that are much larger than the rules say. I was just gonna photoshop my own image. If it can only be 100X100 pixels I don't think its worth it.

Comment

I have read the rules for adding a picture. Many people have pictures that are much larger than the rules say. I was just gonna photoshop my own image. If it can only be 100X100 pixels I don't think its worth it.
                          Signature area is limited to 200 (tall) by 700 (wide) pixels. This includes pictures and text combined. So your sig piccy can be the max size: 200 x 700. Or you can have a 150 x 700 piccy, plus a line of text.
                          Just keep in mind that font size will obviously effect how many lines of text you can fit in your sig. If in doubt, Ask a Mod. Also, if you come across a siggy the grossly violates the sig size rules, use the Report Post feature to bring it to a mod's attention. In general, if a siggy is close to the limit, but not too over the size limit, they will let it be. But otherwise, they will ask you to edit your sig down to size.

Comment

thanks again for the info

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                              Signature area is limited to 200 (tall) by 700 (wide) pixels. This includes pictures and text combined. So your sig piccy can be the max size: 200 x 700. Or you can have a 150 x 700 piccy, plus a line of text.
                              Just keep in mind that font size will obviously effect how many lines of text you can fit in your sig. If in doubt, Ask a Mod. Also, if you come across a siggy the grossly violates the sig size rules, use the Report Post feature to bring it to a mod's attention. In general, if a siggy is close to the limit, but not too over the size limit, they will let it be. But otherwise, they will ask you to edit your sig down to size.
                              Normally if the sig height is 10 pixels over, I won't report it, but if it's over 210 pixels, then I'll report it.
                              sigpic

Comment

I've tried to 'subscribe' to a thread but when I go to the list of my subscribed threats, nothing is there...can anyone help me?

Sheppard: See? Things are looking up.

Comment

Working...
                                X