Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You ask the Mods. But it sounds confusing. "Major Cash the Chief master sergeant"
    And if you get to Falcon Horus's dizzy heights (& you would again have to ask the Mods how you could, 'cos I do not know) you then could be "Major Cash the Air Force Chief of Staff" BQWsuTks.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
      You ask the Mods.
      They are the only ones indeed who can solve this matter. It can also only be done once so be sure.

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
      And if you get to Falcon Horus's dizzy heights (& you would again have to ask the Mods how you could, 'cos I do not know)...
      By being a member since 2004, the height of Stargate Atlantis... that helped.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Ok, so here's Ever being clueless. Once again.

How do you use the new "improved" photobucket? I can't find the various share links anymore now that it's a paid service.
        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Ok, this is interesting/odd.

This is the first time I've had an email notification from the forum in almost a year.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Excuse me, this might be a bit of a dumb question, but I was looking FAQs and I’m still confused—am I correct in assuming that the grey bars under my username are the ‘Reputation’ mentioned in FAQs, and if so, how and when do they turn green?

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
              Ok, so here's Ever being clueless. Once again.

How do you use the new "improved" photobucket? I can't find the various share links anymore now that it's a paid service.
              Hopefully you've sussed all the changes out by now,or someone helped you in message?

Most members including me got rid of PB altogether years ago,and found other image sites once PB started demanding a lot of cold hard cash and stopped allowing posting to forums and other "third parties" so all I can do is wish you luck!
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                Ok, this is interesting/odd.

This is the first time I've had an email notification from the forum in almost a year.
                Highest probability is that the forum system remembered your old threads and only sent a notification once you'd re-visited.

Comment

Originally posted by Arynne_Bookworm View Post
                  Excuse me, this might be a bit of a dumb question, but I was looking FAQs and I’m still confused—am I correct in assuming that the grey bars under my username are the ‘Reputation’ mentioned in FAQs, and if so, how and when do they turn green?
                  Hi! Not a dumb question at all!

The reputation system came to an abrupt halt the last time we had to upgrade GW to Vb5 so what you're seeing is obsolete now unless the next VB upgrade re-allows reps (or greens) to be given again.

In the meantime since about 2 years ago,we can only give "likes" to posts.

Reasons to give likes are to let someone know you liked their post,or often in my own case, to give a notification that the post has been seen (and hopefully answered) by a Mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post

The reputation system came to an abrupt halt the last time we had to upgrade GW to Vb5 so what you're seeing is obsolete now unless the next VB upgrade re-allows reps (or greens) to be given again.
                    Just a dumb observation, not a question.
                    You have got your green bar, I have got my green bar. So Vb5 can show green bars, and I presume any other colour it is told to, so I do not understand why we (you smarty pants) can't tell it to show 1, 2, 5, 100 green/red/whatever squares and x number of grey/white squares.

Not that it really matters, because it does not really reflect your popularity.
                    You have been here longer than me, are a Mod, a fountain of knowledge, and verry helpful.
                    I am a relative newbie, and a pain in the proverbial (in a nice way I hope)
                    But we both have 10 green squares, as do a lot of others. Maybe, until reputations can be again shown properly, somebody could, in some way, colour a square or three in to add some colour for young Arynne?

Don't answer, just think about it, and we will all see what happens (or doesn't happen)

​ ​

Comment

Some nice ideas there.If only it were that easy.

Vbulletin only allows single adjustments from what I can see and I can't remember how many points to change it by to show all the green bars.

That leaves a couple of options: one is easyish,as in single members getting a boost somehow OR get rid of the entire rep display altogether for everyone.

That latter option is drastic but it would (IMO!) level the whole playing field for newer and established members,though it would upset some of our long timers I'm sure.

One for Darren to decide.I don't think anyone would ever speak to me again if I test it and break the forum.

PS: you aren't a pain!

PPS!
                      Just a thought,and I can check it with Darren,but rather than delete the whole rep system,I'm wondering if he could just switch it off.
                      I know we as members can switch our own display off,so in case we ever get it all back and usable,that might be a fair option?

Once I've had a bit more thinking time,I'll e-mail him.
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 04 March 2024, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post

In the meantime since about 2 years ago,we can only give "likes" to posts.

Reasons to give likes are to let someone know you liked their post,or often in my own case, to give a notification that the post has been seen (and hopefully answered) by a Mod.
                        Ohhh, that’s why I was confused! Thank you so much for clarifying.

Comment

Y'welcome!

Comment

Who Knows -- the reputation bars also come with a title. Yours is SG-team leader. I'm an ascended being.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Who Knows -- the reputation bars also come with a title. Yours is SG-team leader. I'm an ascended being.
                              Yes, I know. The titles are for length of service/number of posts I believe.
                              The green bars are reputation or 'likes' from others. And we both have the same number of greens lit up.
                              Maybe if the site could have more bars under our names you could get more greens to show your superiority over us mere unascended mortals.

​ ​

Comment

Looks like Arynne & Mr. Handy have now both got a couple of bars. That should keep them happy for now, ......... 'till they start asking how & when they get more, unless Darren has worked it all out and we are back on track.

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X