This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    is anyone else getting a bad lag when trying to get into threads tonight ??

Not any more than usual. It always takes awhile for the pages to load for me here. I thought it was just the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by pattirose View Post
      Not any more than usual. It always takes awhile for the pages to load for me here. I thought it was just the forum.
      It's due to alot of users being on the forum.
      sigpic
      Spoiler:
      President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
      President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
      Forum Charmer
      Forum Ambassador
      Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
      VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
      VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Happy Holidays, all.

I can't URL images when I quote. The pictures stay oversized to where I can see the size tags outside of this message box. For now I just cut the picture out when I quote, but it takes away from anyone reading the thread to not have it to refer to.

I was using CompuServe browser, then I switched to IE. The problem remains. Any suggestions?

Just sayin', thanks.
        MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
        sigpic
        Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Hey, quick question. How does green vs red rep points work? I mean, let's say you had 500 good points, then someone gave you a bad one. Does the red point take away a green point? If so, how many red points do you need to get before you see a red block above your post?

P.S. Happy New Year!
          Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

A red rep point takes away from your rep total, and you need to go into the negative numbers on rep to get the red square in your user area.

And a Happy New Year to You!

Comment

OK, thanks!

I bet you can guess why I'm asking.... *sniffle*

sigpic

Comment

Meh, rep points are not as interesting as the poster next to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1 View Post
                  Happy Holidays, all.

I can't URL images when I quote. The pictures stay oversized to where I can see the size tags outside of this message box. For now I just cut the picture out when I quote, but it takes away from anyone reading the thread to not have it to refer to.

I was using CompuServe browser, then I switched to IE. The problem remains. Any suggestions?

Just sayin', thanks.
                  There are two ways to get images to display here at the forum:

The first method is using the IMAGE tags. They are [img] [/img]. You insert the BBcode image url inbetween the two tags. This will cause your image to show up directly in your post. Like this: The code used to do this is: [*IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...ith/Wraith.jpg[/*IMG] Remove the two *'s to make the code work, I put those in so i could display the code for you. When you quote an Image tag, it will display the image regardless of how big it is directly in the post message.

The second method to display images is with URL tags. Url tags work in two different ways. One way is to simply display the URL address of the image you're going to display. Like so: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...ith/Wraith.jpg. The code looks like this: [*URL]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...ith/Wraith.jpg[/*URL] Again, Remove the the *'s to make it work. The other way to display images with the URL tags is to describe the link. It makes your post appear nicer. Here is how this method works: Wraith piccy!. The code looks like this: [*URL=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/TechnoWraith/Wraith.jpg]Wraith piccy![/*URL]. Remove *'s to make it work. The text in between the bold sections is the description of the link.

When quoting, the IMG tags will put the image right in the post. URL tags will display only the URL address or the description of the URL address in the post. An important note: when quoting or inserting an image, be sure that the image isn't so big it stretches the page. You know you're stretching the page when after you post your image, a left/right scroll bar appears at the bottom pf your browser window. Large images should use the URL tags. Doing this is a courtesy to both forum users (keeps the page within the standard margins of the window) and dial-up users (it will take ages for the page to load. remember, not everyone has a broadband connection.)

I believe the forum does not support the HTML image search tags, so even though those tags are available for use, they might not work here. (I might be wrong about that).

Comment

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel View Post
                    OK, thanks!

I bet you can guess why I'm asking.... *sniffle*
                    You!? Unbelievable, what did you do?!

I originally thought getting a Red only took ONE point away from your overall Rep Points but apparently it does take more than one ... Which I suppose can be seen as a good thing because then you're less likely to reoffend if you're losing more one point ... You know? Or I guess that depends on if you care about the system or not

Adrianne
                    If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                    It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP View Post
                      I originally thought getting a Red only took ONE point away from your overall Rep Points but apparently it does take more than one ... Which I suppose can be seen as a good thing because then you're less likely to reoffend if you're losing more one point ... You know? Or I guess that depends on if you care about the system or not
                      I think that the points a red can take away are tied to the poster providing the negative rep, just like green points. However, I think that negative rep doesn't take away as much as a positive green gives ...if that makes any sense.

Comment

i have a quick question, i was wondering what the correct spelling for the Genaii is, not sure if this is the right place to ask, thanks anyone who can tell me

Comment

I can Help Jess, It Genii
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:
                          President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                          President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                          Forum Charmer
                          Forum Ambassador
                          Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                          VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                          VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Gateworld's omnipedia list the spelling as Genii

Comment

Thankyou,

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP View Post
                                You!? Unbelievable, what did you do?!

Adrianne
                                That's the thing... I have no idea what I did. I tried PMing the person, but they wouldn't respond.... which leads me to another question, is there a way to tell if you've been put on soneone's ignore list?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X