This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
    I wasted a whole afternoon trying to get one of those php things to work for a rotation when random went down months ago, talk about complicated and the worse thing was the person who created it keep saying how easy it was to use and you should have no problems following it... yeah right!

Random has been better of late but they still seem to be upgrading the site so you get the little cross in the box sometimes. I wonder why there are apparently no other sites like Random out there, I did a search and got nothing, yet there are loads of image hosting sites like photo-bucket.
    Photobucket let's you make "bucket-strips" and slide shows as ways to rotate images, but they don't have a way to make it so you can use it as a sig.

Comment

Perhaps someone can help me.. I'm attempting to post a new thread (my first one ever! Whee) and it keep saying my message has to be at least one character long.. but I've written several paragraphs worth. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

okay, i know a lot of you use Firefox...i am trying it again for something i need two browsers for...how can you lessen the amount of memory/cache that firefox puts on your computer..help! i hate firefox cause it seems to use so much memory...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily
          Perhaps someone can help me.. I'm attempting to post a new thread (my first one ever! Whee) and it keep saying my message has to be at least one character long.. but I've written several paragraphs worth. What am I doing wrong?
          see if this helps.
          sigpic
          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily
            Try this: In the Reply window, mouse over to the upper right hand area, just above the smilies. If you place your cursor on the smiley, and move straight up, you will run into a little icon that looks like two letter A's. If you hover your pointer on this icon, it says "Switch Editor Mode" in a little pop-up. Click that icon once. You should now be able to start new threads and not get that "Message is too short" error.

One trick i use when writing a long post, is to copy and paste the entire post into a generic word processing document. That way, if errors or issues come up, I at least have a copy of the post.

Comment

lol, I learned that after the second time it ate my post (the first time I thought it had just timed out.. a few other boards I'm acquainted with do that).

Thank you to Paradox, Capt.Mal, and TW!

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
                okay, i know a lot of you use Firefox...i am trying it again for something i need two browsers for...how can you lessen the amount of memory/cache that firefox puts on your computer..help! i hate firefox cause it seems to use so much memory...
                Go To Tools > Options > Privacy > Cache, there you can adjust the number of MB used in the cache

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                  Go To Tools > Options > Privacy > Cache, there you can adjust the number of MB used in the cache
                  The doesnt seem to work for mine, mines set at 50mb but FF is currently using 80mb

sigpic
                  Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                  Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Hi..........can anyone tell me how to re-size images, please? I've flitted thru this thread and I'm still stumped ......I use photobucket, but can't figure out how to do it there either!!!!!!!

KJ X

Comment

Originally posted by Flygirl
                      Hi..........can anyone tell me how to re-size images, please? I've flitted thru this thread and I'm still stumped ......I use photobucket, but can't figure out how to do it there either!!!!!!!

KJ X
                      Ooooh, one of those questions we get about twice a week What you do is click on the "edit" button above your image on photobucket, then it will give you the option to scale down to 75, 50 or 25 percent of the original size.
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                        Ooooh, one of those questions we get about twice a week What you do is click on the "edit" button above your image on photobucket, then it will give you the option to scale down to 75, 50 or 25 percent of the original size.
                        Thanx Tracy Jane..........will have a mess with that!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          Keep in mind that's a permanent action. Once you resize using Photobucket's resizer, you can go back to the original size. Make sure you have an original around in case you change your mind, or want a bigger image again.

Image editing programs like Paint Sop Pro, Photshop and GIMP allow you to resize images, too.

Comment

Ahh, I'm having a problem with my control panel It won't let me give any greens. I used a C-Cleaner today and now when I come to GW I log on automatically (via Norton Password Manager) and I seem to stay logged on when I'm posting and jumping forums, but when I go to green someone, it says I'm not logged in, and I can't log into that page, it won't even let me use the forgot password feature. I think I'm ready to pull my hair out
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                              Ahh, I'm having a problem with my control panel It won't let me give any greens. I used a C-Cleaner today and now when I come to GW I log on automatically (via Norton Password Manager) and I seem to stay logged on when I'm posting and jumping forums, but when I go to green someone, it says I'm not logged in, and I can't log into that page, it won't even let me use the forgot password feature. I think I'm ready to pull my hair out
                              try logging off and logging back on?
                              sigpic
                              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

I've logged on and off, then changed my password, got back on, now everytime I green someone I have to log on at the bottom of the page but at least its working.
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X