Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GateWorld, we/I had a problem. The forum and main website started timing out on me. Did anyone else experience the same glitch as I did earlier?

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
    do we actually have any "public groups"? I have yet to see anyone's profile that actually does.
    I don't think so, couldn't find any information in the FAQ either.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
      GateWorld, we/I had a problem. The forum and main website started timing out on me. Did anyone else experience the same glitch as I did earlier?
      yeah, i did. it lasted a while but i tried again later and eveything was fine

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
        do we actually have any "public groups"? I have yet to see anyone's profile that actually does.
        i asked the mods waiting answer

got answer http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2772
        Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 27 May 2006, 02:14 PM.
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Well this maybe a domb question but still i am going to ask it. I was wondering if you can have your own avatar? cos i only saw avatars but couldn't load one up
          well i hope someone can give me an answer thanx

Comment

Yes, you can have a custom avatar. After you reach 2000 posts that is.
            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
              Well this maybe a domb question but still i am going to ask it. I was wondering if you can have your own avatar? cos i only saw avatars but couldn't load one up
              well i hope someone can give me an answer thanx
              after you get 2001 posts you can get your custom avatar

Comment

I am able to upload my own custom avatar now but what is involved with this? Do I just have to type in the http://blah, blah stuff?

Also if someone could recommend a good place to pick up a custom avatar (perhaps one of an Ori warship, Ori beam weapon firing on Prometheus, or the Lantean satellite firing on the hive) that would also be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos
                  I am able to upload my own custom avatar now but what is involved with this? Do I just have to type in the http://blah, blah stuff?

Also if someone could recommend a good place to pick up a custom avatar (perhaps one of an Ori warship, Ori beam weapon firing on Prometheus, or the Lantean satellite firing on the hive) that would also be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
                  \
                  if you go to your control panel on the left you will see edit avatar click on it and scroll all the way down and you should see a section that you can ever type in a address or upload from your computer

Comment

You can't link from a website! You have to actually upload one from your machine Darren has disabled the linking function
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I have a technical problem: I can't read the spoilers since the introduction of the "show" and "hide" buttons -- I didn't have a problem when it was just a question of highlighting. I've tried using the buttons, of course, and highlighting, and get nada, except maybe a scrunched line of type down at the bottom of the post. I'm using an iMac and Internet Explorer.

I like the spoilers -- the search for spoilers is what first led me to fan sites. I want them back!

Muchas gracias to whomever can help.

Comment

I know a temporary solution until you can get an answer from the mods. The daily email digest when you subscribe to a thread shows all spoilers. It drives some people nuts, but in your case, it would help.

Comment

Originally posted by AndreaB
                          I have a technical problem: I can't read the spoilers since the introduction of the "show" and "hide" buttons -- I didn't have a problem when it was just a question of highlighting. I've tried using the buttons, of course, and highlighting, and get nada, except maybe a scrunched line of type down at the bottom of the post. I'm using an iMac and Internet Explorer.

I like the spoilers -- the search for spoilers is what first led me to fan sites. I want them back!

Are you saying when you click on the spoiler box *Show* it doesn't show you the spoiler?

Or are you saying you can't make the tags work?

Or are you saying the spoiler box will open but the text is unreadable?

Sorry just not getting what you mean.

Like can you read this?

Spoiler:

This is not a spoiler.

Or can't you use the box?

With the boxes you shouldn't have to highlight anything.

Comment

From what I understand, I think she means that she can't read the spoiler. When she clicks on the button that says "show" it doesn't do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                              From what I understand, I think she means that she can't read the spoiler. When she clicks on the button that says "show" it doesn't do anything.
                              Maybe it is a Mac thing as I use IE and have no problems. I thought it wouldn't matter though if you used Mac or Windows or IE or FF or whatever, if it has been happening from the start it may just be the way they are using them.

Comment

Originally posted by AndreaB

::Raises her hand and introduces herself:: Macer here, maybe I can help

If you're using IE you're probably still using OS9? (As I understand it, IE isn't available for OSX.) If you can't update to a newer computer yet, trust me I've been there myself, I would suggest trying Netscape and seeing if you get better results.

The problem probably lies in the new coding and your computers inability to understand it. That's why I ended up updating from OS9 to OSX. Websites didn't load properly anymore because websites use new coding now and my computer couldn't understand it so nothing worked.

If you are on OSX and using IE WHY?! Use Safari or Firefox!

Adrianne
                                If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                                It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Working...
                                X