This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help!!!

If you look at my signature (a pathetic excuse i known but...) and the link within the signature goes to off topic at gateworld,

How do i get that link to just say in plain english to say the title of the thread?

thanks
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
      Please help!!!

If you look at my signature (a pathetic excuse i known but...) and the link within the signature goes to off topic at gateworld,

How do i get that link to just say in plain english to say the title of the thread?

thanks
      The most obvious answer would be "Remove the [ url]tags[/urls ] from around it" Anyone else want to take a stab at this?

Adrianne
      If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
      It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
        Please help!!!

thanks
        Copy the following into your sig without the *

[*URL="http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24933&highlight=freaks+corner+universe"]The "FREAKS" Corner of the Galaxy Thread[/URL]

It will come up as...

The "FREAKS" Corner of the Galaxy Thread

For future reference, the coding is ver simple (without *)

[*URL="www.your website.com"] TITLE [/URL]
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

A great big GREEN thanks
          For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

does anyone here know how to resize pictures in paint without making them look really bad?
            Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
            Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34
              does anyone here know how to resize pictures in paint without making them look really bad?
              Unfortunately, it's really hard to do in paint. You can resize images quite well using a programme like GIMP or PhotoShop. Gimp is a free programme that you can download.

If you are just looking to make them smaller, not a specific size, when you upload your images onto an image hosting website like photobucket, the edit button will give you the option to resize the picture to 75%, 50% or 25% as well as rotating it. But be careful, because this feature is non-reversable.
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                Unfortunately, it's really hard to do in paint. You can resize images quite well using a programme like GIMP or PhotoShop. Gimp is a free programme that you can download.

If you are just looking to make them smaller, not a specific size, when you upload your images onto an image hosting website like photobucket, the edit button will give you the option to resize the picture to 75%, 50% or 25% as well as rotating it. But be careful, because this feature is non-reversable.
                GIMP is great. IrFanView is good and free if you just want to resize things and not do any manipulations, it is also small without all the plug-ins to dl, it's good for just plain old resizing.

Comment

how many posts are needed to allow access to uploading personalized avatars?

Comment

2001 as of this posting the actual number was raised a while back to 2001 ...blame darren but it can change without noticed

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=18320
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Thanx Dude!!

Comment

Seeing as the question has been answered I'm gonna go ahead and close this thread

Comment

For shinking pictures, i just use Microsoft Officer Picture Manager (probably already on your PC), or even Microsoft Word. (yes, i'm low-tech.)

PAINT.net is another good, free manipulation software though.
                          sigpic
                          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

If you have photoshop 7, is there a way to resize all the pictures all in one time? I got so many pictures but I wish to make thumbnails out of the them. Is there another way to resize more than 2000 pictures or do I have to do it manually ???
                            Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                              If you have photoshop 7, is there a way to resize all the pictures all in one time? I got so many pictures but I wish to make thumbnails out of the them. Is there another way to resize more than 2000 pictures or do I have to do it manually ???
                              I'm using Photoshop 7. If you want to resize multiple images, you'd have to create an Action first, then use the Batch tool.

I found this Batch Processing tutorial that will help you if you're up for trying it. I was able to do a batch conversion, but I had to alter a few steps in the Actions and Batch sections. You should at first, try a few test images before converting your image collection. I would also create a "Source" and "Destination" folder for the task. It might seem daunting at first, but if you're familiar with PS7, it shouldn't be too hard to learn. That was actually my first time using the Actions and Batch tools.

The images in the web tutorial will help to familiarise yourself with the Actions and Batch tools.

Okay, for the Actions section. Once you've resized the image to the proportions you require, (don't stop recording) choose File > Save As, then select jpg or the format of your choice. If it is jpeg, you must specify the quality of the image. Click OK when done. In the Actions palette, click the square Stop button to stop recording.

You must record a Save action, otherwise nothing will be saved when you use the Batch tool. And Photoshop will keep prompting for jpeg options (you don't want that when converting over 2000 pics).

Now, for the batch section. In the Batch section of the tutorial, choose File > Automate > Batch... Okay, look at the image in the web tutorial, where it says Folder, leave it as "Folder." Click on Choose... then select the source folder you created earlier. Do the same again down below for the destination folder. Now look to where it says Override Action, tick the box next to it. In the File Naming section, you can just leave it at the default "Document Name + extension."

*REMEMBER TO CREATE A SEPARATE DESTINATION FOLDER OR YOU WILL OVERWRITE THE ORIGINAL IMAGE*

Heh, with 2000 images to process, you should go do something else for a while. Have fun!

Post back here if you have any problems.
                              Last edited by Missster.Freeman; 21 May 2006, 03:37 PM.
                              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

do we actually have any "public groups"? I have yet to see anyone's profile that actually does.
                                sigpic
                                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Working...
                                X