This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatehorse
    I don't think it's resolution. Try clicking on View at the top of your screen, go down to text size, and make sure it's set to medium. I've had the same font size problem in the past, and when I asked my Dad to fix it, he just set the text size to medium. I don't know how it got changed in the first place. If text size isn't the problem, then I can't help you.
    Thank you that did work. I am now seeing the size 1 Font as the smallest and quite small too. Thanks again.

Comment

I have a question about the general search button.
      When I search the general forum how can I get it to show results by post rather then thread? It works for searching specific topics but not the forum. It doesn't really help knowing that the search topic is mentioned in a thread when that thread page count is in the hundreds or thousands.
      Thanks

Comment

When you search the forum, there should be an option on the bottom left hand corner allowing you to choose whether you want the results shown in posts or in threads.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by bella
          I have a question about the general search button.
          When I search the general forum how can I get it to show results by post rather then thread? It works for searching specific topics but not the forum. It doesn't really help knowing that the search topic is mentioned in a thread when that thread page count is in the hundreds or thousands.
          Thanks
          Use the advanced search options and you can choose to show the results as posts or threads.

Comment

Thanks. Thats a big help.

Comment

Kindergarten computer question: When I click on the "more" for smilies, it covers up where I want to put the smilie, consequently I don't use smilies much.What do I do? Signed, kindergartner

Comment

before you hit the more button put your cursor where you want the smiley and then hit the more button and click on the smiley you want and where ever your cursor is is where the smiley is going to be in your post

hope this makes sense
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                  Kindergarten computer question: When I click on the "more" for smilies, it covers up where I want to put the smilie, consequently I don't use smilies much.What do I do? Signed, kindergartner
                  When you click on "More" to get additional smilies, it opens a new window. Wait a moment or two for all the smilies to load, then click outside the window to return to the post window. (If, per chance, the smiley window opens up to fill your entire screen, click the "Minimize" button in the upper right hand corner of the window. It is the third icon from the right.).

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                    You should be able to move the window around to wherever you want on your screen...just click the top bar and move it.
                    gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

And if all else fails you can always fill your text screen -- what I'm typing in right now ... that thing -- with all the smiles you might want to use in that post -- I think there's a limit of 32 and some posters don't like a lot of useless smilies so be considerate and don't over do it -- and then cut and paste the code for the smiley to the sentence/paragraph/area you want it.

Like :mad : (without the space) will get you . And : hammond04: (again, without the space) will get you , which I call "angry eyebrow".

Also, something even better than the 'More' option is the little white smiley face next to the blue A, which is next to the "Sizes" drop down menu ... Did you find it? Just glance up from the text window, it's right there. Click on that and a drop down menu comes down and all the smilies are right there! Sweet, huh? Just click on the smiley you want there ... No second window to pop up

Adrianne
                      If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                      It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP

Also, something even better than the 'More' option is the little white smiley face next to the blue A, which is next to the "Sizes" drop down menu ... Did you find it? Just glance up from the text window, it's right there. Click on that and a drop down menu comes down and all the smilies are right there! Sweet, huh? Just click on the smiley you want there ... No second window to pop up

Adrianne
                        OMG! That is so awesome! I just found that now! Squeeeeeeeee!

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                          ::Cough:: Ahem. Um. That's not worthy of Green jk

Adrianne
                          If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                            Ah yes. That thing....

possibly the longest popdown menu in the world.
                            I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by jonno
                              Ah yes. That thing....

possibly the longest popdown menu in the world.
                              Mine scrolls, not very long for me at all ...
                              I have a better internet browser than you do

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP
                                Mine scrolls, not very long for me at all ...
                                I have a better internet browser than you do

Adrianne
                                Well--I was going to give you green (because I did not know that), but with that attitude, I don't know....

*soothingly to Jonno* She forgot who she was talking to, it's all right--remember you have the power (in your tourney thread, anyway).

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Working...
                                X