Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since it looks like this problem was solved I am going to merge this into Members Helping Members so others might benefit from it if need be
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      Since it looks like this problem was solved I am going to merge this into Members Helping Members so others might benefit from it if need be
      To all moderators/creators/Darren etc. etc. - whoever can make this decision...

Since it doesn't appear that there is a little button that you can push to reply to a Rep comment directly with another Rep comment - is it maybe possible to ask that something like this be created?

If not that is fine...I just thought it would be kinda cool to have something in that line.

Comment

Does anyone know how to disable instant e-mail notifications to existing subscribed threads.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
          Does anyone know how to disable instant e-mail notifications to existing subscribed threads.
          I think I have the answer. Go into your Control Panel and choose Subscriptions. There will be a list of your subscribed folder/threads.

Now, in the third column with the heading - Notification, there is a checkbox, just untick it and you shouldn't receive any more notifications.

Another method is to unsubscribe to the thread, then re-subscribe but this time choose "No Notification".
          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
            I think I have the answer. Go into your Control Panel and choose Subscriptions. There will be a list of your subscribed folder/threads.

Now, in the third column with the heading - Notification, there is a checkbox, just untick it and you shouldn't receive any more notifications.

Another method is to unsubscribe to the thread, then re-subscribe but this time choose "No Notification".
            It's weird, but I already tried that. My subscriptions show instant notification in the second column, but nothing is checked in the third column. I'm uncertain of what would happen if I actually checked the box(es) in the third column--it doesn't really make sense to me. Sorry--and thanks!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Comment

Ah, hi again. Sorry I missed out something before, you must click the checkbox to select the thread to be updated.

Once you've selected the threads to be updated, look to the small box beneath the last thread in the list. It should say - Selected Threads:.

In the drop down list there is an Update Subscription Type option. Choose No notification, then click the Go button. Then just maybe, it'll update your subscriptions.
              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                Ah, hi again. Sorry I missed out something before, you must click the checkbox to select the thread to be updated.

Once you've selected the threads to be updated, look to the small box beneath the last thread in the list. It should say - Selected Threads:.

In the drop down list there is an Update Subscription Type option. Choose No notification, then click the Go button. Then just maybe, it'll update your subscriptions.
                Thanks so much! I'll give that a whirl....

Comment

It worked!! Thanks so much, Missster.Freeman! Green for you...

Comment

Would it be appropritate to post about politics in the sci/tech forum or should something like that go in general discussion?
                    "If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them." - Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by cs-comm
                      Would it be appropritate to post about politics in the sci/tech forum or should something like that go in general discussion?
                      Real World or Show Politics? Something from the show goes in General Discussion. Real world politics go in Off-Topic.
                      Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Can some one help me please?

Why does [size=1]Fonts show up so large on my monitor here?

Example:

This is the sig of Morbo (don't shoot me for using it )

~~~~~~~

See the text "But like I said..." is in normal size 2 Font the rest in green is meant to be size 1 Font.

Why does it look so large?

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose

Example:

~~~~~~~

See the text "But like I said..." is in normal size 2 Font the rest in green is meant to be size 1 Font.

What's your resolution set at? GAteWorld's optimal resolution is set at 800 x 600 pixels. If you use a different resolution, you may get some weird results.

To a smaller extent, the exact font you use will also affect size, as some fonts scale differently then others.

Look at these font sizes and see what you think: My resolution is set at 1024 x 768. The font is the default Gateworld font.

Font size 1
                          Font size 2
                          Font size 3
                          Font size 4
                          Font size 5
                          Font size 6
                          Font size 7

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                            What's your resolution set at? GAteWorld's optimal resolution is set at 800 x 600 pixels. If you use a different resolution, you may get some weird results.

To a smaller extent, the exact font you use will also affect size, as some fonts scale differently then others.

Look at these font sizes and see what you think: My resolution is set at 1024 x 768. The font is the default Gateworld font.

Font size 1
                            Font size 2
                            Font size 3
                            Font size 4
                            Font size 5
                            Font size 6
                            Font size 7
                            I have a new wide-screen monitor, it is set at 1440 by 900. *goes off to see if it makes a difference* I am such a luddite.

No 800 by 600 makes the fonts even larger Wow they are huge!

Trying the other one and no still large, my original setting show it as the smallest, but it is still larger then I remember on my old computer. I never knew the settings could make such a huge difference. There you go learn something new.

Oh dear... this could just be something I will have to put up with. Going back to my 1440 by 900.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

I have a new wide-screen monitor, it is set at 1440 by 900. *goes off to see if it makes a difference* I am such a luddite.

No 800 by 600 makes the fonts even larger Wow they are huge!

Trying the other one and no still large, my original setting show it as the smallest, but it is still larger then I remember on my old computer. I never knew the settings could make such a huge difference. There you go learn something new.

Oh dear... this could just be something I will have to put up with. Going back to my 1440 by 900.

Thanks anyway.
                              your resolution may be playing a role in the weirdness. 1440 x 900 is a rather odd resolution, and as such, it will cause a few issues with viewing fonts and scaled text. Other than switching to a different resolution (like 1024 x 768) or gettin g a different monitor, you'll probably just have to get used to the weirdness.

Comment

Example:

~~~~~~~

I don't think it's resolution. Try clicking on View at the top of your screen, go down to text size, and make sure it's set to medium. I've had the same font size problem in the past, and when I asked my Dad to fix it, he just set the text size to medium. I don't know how it got changed in the first place. If text size isn't the problem, then I can't help you.
                                gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X