This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caty
    I have a problem ... Since a few days, the GW forum doesn't remember my nickname and password anmore. I have to log in every time I go on this page and since I mostly check several times a day, it gets really annoying.

Anyone else have this problem?
    I've had this problem since I joined GW in October. I've done all the things mentioned here but it still doesn't work. I have to actually log in every time. Beats me why it won't work. I don't have this problem on other sites.
    Hero worship is only a part time job

Comment

I've had it a lot recently too.

I figured everyone was just trying to keep me out!
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
        are you allowed to mention that ep in a thread where The Clanger is present, without giving a warning?

(sorry, couldn't resist)
        Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        I believe I need an explanation here.
        It has to do with hats and the lack of them in Sam and Jack's packs.
        sigpic

Comment

lalalllalala I can't hear you...

I had to log in again....
          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

We keep trying, Clanger, but it never seems to work
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

We changed the locks whilst you were sleeping.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                We keep trying, Clanger, but it never seems to work
                I have this problem at my other computer, too.

I'm going to ask the moderators about that. Does everybody with the problem use Firefox?
                *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by caty
                  I have this problem at my other computer, too.

I'm going to ask the moderators about that. Does everybody with the problem use Firefox?
                  I use Internet Explorer so the problem seems to be a little more broad than just the browser it seems.

Comment

Do you guys check the remeber me box? Because it doesn't do that for me when I use firefox.
                    Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Originally posted by captainpash
                      Do you guys check the remeber me box? Because it doesn't do that for me when I use firefox.
                      apparently for Fire Fox users, there's an additonal option in firefox that emulates the "Remember Me" feature of websites. I don't use Fire Fox, so you'd have to dig around your options and see where that feature is. Or look up a few posts.

Comment

some help for the Newest version of FF

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                        (These instructions are specifically for the newest FF, but should be fairly close for older versions) Ok, in your Tools menu, click Options. Then from there go to the Privacy section and click on the Cookies tab. Make sure "Allow Cookies" and "for the originating site only" are set. In the "Keep cookies:" drop down, set it for "until they expire". Then click the Exceptions button. Look for an entry for "forum.gateworld.net." If there isn't one, skip to the next paragraph. If there is one, remove it. Then visit the site again and if Firefox asks you about accepting a cookie from forum.gateworld.net, choose Allow (do not choose Allow for Session or Deny).

This should fix the problem if the problem is with cookies on your end. It sounds like Firefox is blocking the cookies of this site. If it didn't work, feel free to PM me or whatever with as much info as you can provide about the problem.
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by captainpash
                          Yeah I check the box but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I use Internet Explorer and that remember me feature seems to work at other sites I visit. Just GW doesn't seem to work.

Comment

If someone kind of grates on your nerves and you can't see where they've ever made an intelligent contribute to any thread you've seen them on and even their sig makes you want to scream bloody murder ... Is this really a viable reason to Ignore them?

I have never been able to answer this question on any board I'm on. I've only ever Ignored people that have actually attacked me personally ... I haven't Ignored someone because I just find them annoying.

I don't know what to do ... Ignore them because they're annoying or just except that their annoying to me and accept that. Someone on another board, every time he posts I just want to scream, "HATE" because he *never* has anything nice to say and LOVES starting flame wars ... But I can't decide if I should Ignore him because everyone else on that Board thinks he's the next coming.

Adrianne
                            If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                            It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP
                              If someone kind of grates on your nerves and you can't see where they've ever made an intelligent contribute to any thread you've seen them on and even their sig makes you want to scream bloody murder ... Is this really a viable reason to Ignore them?

I have never been able to answer this question on any board I'm on. I've only ever Ignored people that have actually attacked me personally ... I haven't Ignored someone because I just find them annoying.

I don't know what to do ... Ignore them because they're annoying or just except that their annoying to me and accept that. Someone on another board, every time he posts I just want to scream, "HATE" because he *never* has anything nice to say and LOVES starting flame wars ... But I can't decide if I should Ignore him because everyone else on that Board thinks he's the next coming.

Adrianne
                              Personally, I think that if someone annoys you that much it may help your blood pressure to put them on ignore.

I find the scroll button helps me to whizz through posts that irritate me.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                                Personally, I think that if someone annoys you that much it may help your blood pressure to put them on ignore.

I find the scroll button helps me to whizz through posts that irritate me.
                                On this one thread, I SWEAR it's post count padding!
                                Just one liners ... CONSTANTLY. A new post for each one liner. Have you nothing better to do with your time!?

I've been thinking of unsubscribing from the thread but I generally enjoy the thread as some of the posts are humorous but of late ... I should unsubscribe. Even if I put him on Ignore I'm going to get "X is on your Ignore List" ... multiple times.

Adrianne
                                If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                                It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Working...
                                X