This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mckaychick
    Is there any backdoors to gateworld and the forum?? The past few days i have had big problems getting on to both.
    Turn on e-mail alerts for one thread and click via that link that you get in your e-mail. Hope that helps.
    Support Stargate and Stargate Atlantis to be made avalaible via i-tunes, write your support on this thread and vote in the poll to get Sony to put the show on i-tunes.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=23944

Comment

i dont' know of any back doors. I have the forum main page in my favorites and that's usually how i get here.

unless i'm on a borrowed puter, then i just enter through gateworld.net
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Tracy Jane, I don't know, I haven't looked into it. Is it available for Macs?
        TechnoWraith & Clanger, thanks. Attachments seems the way to go for me ...

New question ....
        I'm totally envious of those that have emoticons that are separate from the one VBulletin has. I did a quick Google search of emoticons but I didn't like any that I found. I love the ones on this site (www.smileycentral.com) but it doesn't support Macs.

Is there anyone out there on a Mac who has a cute set of emoticons they can point me too???

Thanks,
        Adrianne
        If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
        It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick
          Is there any backdoors to gateworld and the forum?? The past few days i have had big problems getting on to both.
          Some people still report having browsing difficulties here at GW. But with the software upgrades and optimizations they've implemented lately, it seems that browsing has improved lately. Are you using dial-up? That alone could be the major contributing factor. If not, traffic on your ISP's network is also a likely contributor to GW's slowness.

Comment

New question ....
            I'm totally envious of those that have emoticons that are separate from the one VBulletin has. I did a quick Google search of emoticons but I didn't like any that I found. I love the ones on this site (www.smileycentral.com) but it doesn't support Macs.

Is there anyone out there on a Mac who has a cute set of emoticons they can point me too???

Thanks,
            Adrianne
            I don't know anything about macs, but can't you just save them to your computer? and if not, you can upload them directly from the web to photobucket. And don't forget that bestsmileys.com allows hotlinking.
            gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP
              Tracy Jane, I don't know, I haven't looked into it. Is it available for Macs?
              TechnoWraith & Clanger, thanks. Attachments seems the way to go for me ...

New question ....

Thanks,
              Adrianne
              if you can save jpeg's and gifs' to your computer, you won't have a problem making the smilies work. Jpeg's and gif's are "universal." They should work on a mac or a Pc.

Comment

I dont have dial-up. I just have regular internet. Thx for the help.
                sigpic
                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by gatehorse
                  I don't know anything about macs, but can't you just save them to your computer? and if not, you can upload them directly from the web to photobucket. And don't forget that bestsmileys.com allows hotlinking.
                  I can. The problem is finding emoticons ...

I'm looking at "Bestsmiley.com" now. Thanks for the link

Adrianne
                  If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.

My LibraryThing.

Comment

I'm like tottaly new here and i want to know how to put that picture on the left side of your name.

Comment

Hi Tealcfan, and welcome!

It's called an avatar and you can find instructons in the FAQ

Just to save you hunting around (because I'm feeling mellow ) here's the direct link to avatars
                      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Wow, Clanger. That was extremely nice and mellow. *checks Clanger's temperature*

Adrianne, my bad. I just checked the site and it's windows only. Sorry.
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          Wow, Clanger. That was extremely nice and mellow. *checks Clanger's temperature*
                          I want the meds she's taking for whatever cold she has ...

Adrianne, my bad. I just checked the site and it's windows only. Sorry.
                          Would that be the PB/BP (?) screen cap program you were telling me about or the smiley program?

I found a few fun icons but Gateworld by far has the best ... I'm slowly stealin' them for my own personal use :;Snickers evilly:: I'm just using them on my LiveJournal That's not illegal, is it???

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

That was the BS player I was telling you about.
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                              That was the BS player I was telling you about.
                              Wow. I didn't even have my letters right
                              Thanks for looking the information up.

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

The BS-Player is great now I can cap

Comment

Working...
                                X