Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

basically you have to use square brackets [ rather than angled brackets like you do in html <

is that any help?
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by star47
      Thanks to both of you for trying to help, but I seem to be too computer-dumb to understand how to do it. I've read every article on Gateworld in Forum Announcements and help, all the Q & A stuff, and all the FAQ many times, but I just can't seem to get it to work, so I guess I'm giving up, it's really not worth the hours I've spent on it with no success at the end. Thanks anyway!
      awww, don't give up! It's really very simple. You can contact me on aim or msn sometime if you want.
      gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by gatehorse
        awww, don't give up! It's really very simple. You can contact me on aim or msn sometime if you want.
        Let me guess, you don't use Yahoo very often, even though you have it. That's the same thing here.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
          Let me guess, you don't use Yahoo very often, even though you have it. That's the same thing here.
          yep. I needed a yahoo ID for school, and then l-jade told me she uses it the most, so that's why I'm on there sometimes...just not very often.
          gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

*sigh* hey guys.. I subscribed to my two favorite threads the other day and it's all cool except that now I'm automatically getting subscribed to every thread I reply to! I can't find how to fix it... Help?

Comment

How do i send pics
              charlie, sowyer and jack are defenetly the cutest boys in the world.if there was an award they would win with no problems

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                *sigh* hey guys.. I subscribed to my two favorite threads the other day and it's all cool except that now I'm automatically getting subscribed to every thread I reply to! I can't find how to fix it... Help?
                The chances are that it has become the defult setting, so when you post, in advanced mode, scroll down and select "Do not suscribe" that should fix it

Originally posted by claires
                How do i send pics
                How do you mean send? If you want to include an image in your post then simply use the [ IMG ] [ /IMG ] (without spaces) tags and put the addresss to the images inside.

For example

[ IMG ] http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dalek030ae.jpg [ /IMG ]

Hope it helps

Comment

You obviously set your options to automatically subscribe to threads you're part of. What you need to do is go into your control panel and options (I think) and set it back to normal. You can also unsubscribe from threads, as far as I'm aware.
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    You obviously set your options to automatically subscribe to threads you're part of. What you need to do is go into your control panel and options (I think) and set it back to normal. You can also unsubscribe from threads, as far as I'm aware.
                    i keep unsubscribing but when I reply in the thread, I get subscribed again.. and I don't see any "automatic" subscription option. Help me out here. I also tend to miss things that are right in front of my eyes.. but I really don't see any way of fixing it by myself

Comment

Erised it is also possible to unsuscribe through your contol pannel

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                        Erised it is also possible to unsuscribe through your contol pannel
                        grrr I do but I'm telling you.. when I reply to that thread, I get subscribed again!

Comment

When posting In advanced mode scroll down and check the box that deals with subsciptions and check it.

Comment

Maybe you should scan this thread. Having never subscribed to threads myself, I'm not toally sure how to answer you.
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

grrr I do but I'm telling you.. when I reply to that thread, I get subscribed again!
                              Look here

and I quote
                              "and because that can be a pain to try to remeber, if you go to My Controls, then Edit Options (you have to scroll down a wee way) you can adjust the settings so that you automatically subscribe to any thread you post in (with or without email notification)"

(it works the other way round)
                              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                                Look here

and I quote
                                "and because that can be a pain to try to remeber, if you go to My Controls, then Edit Options (you have to scroll down a wee way) you can adjust the settings so that you automatically subscribe to any thread you post in (with or without email notification)"

(it works the other way round)
                                oh thanks! I thought it turned off the subscription option at all! lol *headdesk*

Comment

Working...
                                X