Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's now late June, and I haven't got any watched thread email alerts since the last time I posted about it back in February.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Have those threads had any new posts,and is there a chance you'd cleared your cache/cookies/browser at some point?

If you aren't watching for replies to a ton of threads,try re-subscribing to the most recently posted - to topics and see if that helps.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Ok, I'm now getting email notifications.

However, there's a new wrinkle. I don't get a clickable link, it's all just plain text.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

That's really weird! The only thing I can think of is to check your firewalls and security in case it's blocking links?

Let me/us know if you still have the same problem and if you can,post a screen cap of the e-mail
          without showing your e-addy and any other personal info.

If you can't do that,do a copy /paste of the plain text and pm it to me.(Might actually be easier?)

Comment

Other forums I belong to, Gallifrey Base for example, are unaffected. It's just this one.

I can still visit this forum by highlighting the text, right clicking and selecting Go To (link address).
            sigpic

Comment

Gotcha! Thanks for replying and for PMing me the latest link.

Sending it all to Darren in the hope he /Greg can explain or hopefully fix this!

Comment

As of now,Darren thinks it's a case of your browser blocking GW cookies,and I think it could be an e-mail setting gone wrong,or the forum mailer itself is on the fritz.

Fuller reply in the pm I sent,but those ^ are the most common causes of issues.

Darren's going to take a deeper look when he gets back from his trip but that could take a while so in the meantime...

Can anyone else who uses Gmail,Yahoo,Hotmail or other e-mailers please post here if you're having any similar issue recieving notifications from the forum lately?

Comment

I can't help. I turned email notifications off and I am really bad at checking my mails.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

No worries,Falcon!
                    You log in regularly anyway, so the emails would be a tad redundant and just give you more to delete from your inbox.

Comment

Ok...been testing the forum emailer via FF and Chrome and for me all seems to be working fine:

Subs ,Likes,test reports (aka Flagged posts) and PMs = all worked the way they should,with a working direct quicklink and a preview of the post/message.

Anyone having problems though please post!

Comment

Working...
                      X