This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    Little bit of an oddity. I'm locked out of one particular thread. Specifically the "What non-sci-fi TV did you watch today?" thread.

Every other thread I'm subscribed to, I can access no problem.

Is it just teething troubles with the new forum software?
    Teething troubles, for sure. Everything under the hood looks like you should be able to post there just fine.

I've cleared the system cache. You might try things like logging out and back in, trying in incognito mode, unsubscribing and resubscribing, etc. It's possible you've run into a vB5 bug, but so far I have not been able to reproduce it.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Right you are. I'll give that a bash.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Nope, no joy.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Ah-ha! Progress! Managed to get into the thread via the General Television tab.
          sigpic

Comment

Made a post, waited for the subscription email, the thread let me in again, and things are now back to normal.
            sigpic

Comment

How to we add friends or contacts?

Comment

My guess is you go to their profile and subscribe to them

Those have been my friends before are now my subscribers as I have noticed...so I guess that is how it works

Comment

I tried that and it worked. Thanks!

Comment

I tried to upload a picture but got this message:

20210316_185138.jpg
                    Upload failed due to your usergroup's upload quota. This file will require 713.3 KB but you only have 236.7 KB of 2.88 MB remaining.

I didn't know that I have a usergroup. Couldn't find any reference to that in my profile or settings.
                    Anyone know what this is all about? Maybe an upgrade bug?

Total syffy posts: 36,690
                    (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                    Matthew 5:9

Comment

"Usergroup" is just a way of keeping count of posts,privilege allowances etc.All forums have them.

What you're seeing in that red piece is referring to your "attachments" allowance.
                      When we post (or try to post ) pics using the forum as the host,we get X amount of megabytes permitted.The amount allowed rises as we go past milestones,so to speak.

Some ways to get past that:
                      Delete some really old attachments to make room for posting the new pics,or find a pic hosting site like imgr or imgbox.
                      Offsite free - to- use pic hosts can be a great way to post pics but there are size limits here,and you'd have to really look hard at their rules and any restrictions too.

I'll ask Darren if that limit is correct ,because 2.88 mb seems an odd sizing to me!

ETA :E-mailed Darren.Waiting on reply.

Last edited by Bagpuss; 17 March 2021, 11:04 PM. Reason: Addition.
                      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        You can post animated gifs in posts
                        How do you do that, Jelgate? I have a few animated emoticons I want to use here at imgur, but don't know how to load them here to use them.
                        Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                        (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post

How do you do that, Jelgate? I have a few animated emoticons I want to use here at imgur, but don't know how to load them here to use them.
                          I think posting them as an image should do the trick... with the link, I mean.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Thanks, I'll try that.
                            Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                            (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
                              Thanks, I'll try that.
                              If it doesn't work, we'll just have to look for another way but I'm sure we'll get it fixed.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

How do I change my username from "Cash" to "MajorCash?" etc.?

Comment

Working...
                                X