This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
    OH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay! Thank you so much!!! That is cool!!
    It is!

You should see something like this...

click for bigger
    sigpic

Comment

yep, got it now I am all over the place seeing how many posts I have everywhere
      sigpic

Comment

Hey everybody,
        So I seem to have a problem. You know when you subscribe to a thread and whenever there's a reply, you get a notification on the e-mail?
        I used to get these notifications, but not anymore. I don't know where's the problem. But then, the new ones are still marked as unread on the forum and I can find them on my "My Controls" page, but no notifications on the e-mail.
        Anyone know how I can fix this?
        I'm using safari for the forum, FF for the e-mail and the operating system is Windows Vista
        Any help please!!!!
        Thanks.

Comment

When you get the emails, do you actually read them and click the links to go directly to the threads? If you just notice them and don't read them, it's possible your email server has started to flag them as spam. Make sure the admin gateworld address is in your contacts list so it won't be flagged as spam in future.

If that isn't the problem, you could try unsubscribing the email notifications and then enabling them again and see if that helps.
          sigpic

Comment

OMG you're brilliant.
            Silly me. Stupid me. Why haven't I thought of that.
            I can't believe it's finally solved.
            What can I do in return to u for helping me? Name anything.
            Thank you thank you thank you.
            WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Comment

Green me if you like. And you're very welcome, always happy to help a friend.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm having trouble posting images, with sizes so it tells me. Are there some directions somewhere for us fledgling Gaters?, and also I'm not all that savy with computers.
                I was doing ok until today, have they changed something?
                sigpic

Comment

I posted something last night with no trouble
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                    I'm having trouble posting images, with sizes so it tells me. Are there some directions somewhere for us fledgling Gaters?, and also I'm not all that savy with computers.
                    I was doing ok until today, have they changed something?

Can you be more specific ?
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                    GW member infractions : 1

Comment

1. Are there some directions on how to post images, what sizes they are requiring; image size?
                      2. When I select the image in the box a little "!" comes up which says that the image size exceeds the quota by a certain amount. This has not happened to me before and I have posted many images before. These very images that it will not except have come off of this site that I snurched from friends on the same thread. Doesn't make sense.
                      sigpic

Comment

how are you trying to post them? using what interface? as an attachment? or using the IMG tags and hotlinking from somewhere else
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

You hit you upload limit for GW , make sure to have the "retrieve from Url" unchecked and try again .

This happens if you uploaded from the computer to much ,or if you let that option on when you post the url the image will upload itself here .
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                          StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                          GW member infractions : 1

Comment

They should go through if you copy the img code directly from your photo storage account (photobucket, imageshack etc...) rather than clicking on the picture icon on the edit box and pasting a naked url there. Of course, you should try and make sure your images are small enough for the board, i.e. no larger than 700 pixels wide or 100 KB in size.
                            sigpic

Comment

anything that you hotlink to should fit our image size limits.

no more than 100K, no wider than 700 pixels (we can let larger pixel sized images go through if they are tucked behind spoiler tags, and the 100K limit still applies)

People hotlinking to too big of images contributes to the slowing of page loads. The page only loads as fast as the slowest server it's pulling info from.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thank you folks, I think you have answered my questions. We will see how I do.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X