This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atlantis4Life View Post

I'm glad that this is your experience, but it doesn't work for me. The multi-quoting that I just did with you and Susan happened because I have to hit "reply with quote" on her post which shows up in the white box at the bottom of the thread for me, and then I have to type the BB code for quoting you, and then paste what you wrote into it so it'll show as a quote. That's how I've always had to do it here, but not on other vB forums. So, I don't know what it could be.
    Just letting you know it works fine for me on IE, so it must be another issue for you
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
      Just letting you know it works fine for me on IE, so it must be another issue for you
      Oh, okay. Cool.

Comment

For multiquote problems that is usually a javascript problem. Try clearing your cache. If clicking once on reply thread doesn't work, use a double click that will take you straight to the advanced reply page, but something is better than nothing.

When you click on the multiquote button does it put a checkmark next to the button, that means it's selected and then your problem would be in the reply thread selection.

Do you have NoScript or AdBlock Plus add-ons? Those could be blocking that function.
        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
          For multiquote problems that is usually a javascript problem. Try clearing your cache. If clicking once on reply thread doesn't work, use a double click that will take you straight to the advanced reply page, but something is better than nothing.

When you click on the multiquote button does it put a checkmark next to the button, that means it's selected and then your problem would be in the reply thread selection.

Do you have NoScript or AdBlock Plus add-ons? Those could be blocking that function.
          I doubt it's javascript because I've used the same version of vB on other forums with no issue with multi-quotes. The checkmark does show when I select each post, but when I click on 'reply to thread,' nothing shows up. I do have AdBlock, but that's not the issue either seeing as it didn't work before I had AdBlock, and it does work on other vB forums with the AdBlock feature as a part of my FF browser. Any other ideas?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

It could be noscript , or greasemonkey , or that you have javascript disabled on gateworld , and try to stay away from IE , also try Chrome .
            sigpic
            Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
            StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
            GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
              It could be noscript , or greasemonkey , or that you have javascript disabled on gateworld , and try to stay away from IE , also try Chrome .
              Hey wexbro,

I found out what the issue was. It wasn't anything to do with Javascript, or noscript, or greasemonkey, or browser incompatibility, or a setting on my user control panel at GW.

However, when you said that javascript might be disabled on GW, that got me thinking about browser permissions. So, I went and checked permissions for this website in my browser and they weren't set up. It was a cookie issue, like I thought it might be before, just in a different place. Even though I have cookies (generally) enabled on my browser, I didn't have the permission for them to be used set up on my browser for this website, which is under a separate tab. I set it up, and problem solved. Thanks for getting me to think about that!!!

Cheers buddy!

Comment

Hi everyone,

When I try to access my Inbox, I get this system message:

"Sorry, Dowhead! You do not have access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

If you've recently signed up, your new account may still be awaiting activation. Have you received your validation e-mail?
                Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                Only advanced members may add items to the Calendar. Check the FAQ for more info."

None of these apply to me. I have not recently signed up, my email is validated, I am not accessing my calendar, I'm not trying to edit Antibes posts.

Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks!

Comment

Probably probie status. Probies can view anything
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Hi Dowhead !

What you've been seeing is the automatic message vbb sends to members on "Probie" status.
                    The Probie Status had to be brought in to protect members from Scammers,Spammers ,and all kinds of undesirables that infest the internet .
                    Probie status thread is here : See post 1 by Darren link.

I noticed you'd entered the Convention contest .

I and Skydiver posted about that in the Probie thread view page so rest assured ,if you turn out to be the winner ,you'll be contacted.
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Probably probie status. Probies can view anything
                      I think you mean can't.
                      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Hey
                          I've noticed some people have sigs that change eachtime you refresh the page.
                          How do you do that?
                          Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Wonderful signatures by wonderful people.(Not me thus =] )
                          My secret: .. .- -- -- .- .-. .-. .. . -.. - --- -- .- .--- --- .-. .-.. --- .-. -. .

Comment

Originally posted by Siara.Corvus View Post
                            Hey
                            I've noticed some people have sigs that change eachtime you refresh the page.
                            How do you do that?
                            http://signavatar.com

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                              Thanks
                              Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Wonderful signatures by wonderful people.(Not me thus =] )
                              My secret: .. .- -- -- .- .-. .-. .. . -.. - --- -- .- .--- --- .-. .-.. --- .-. -. .

Comment

Originally posted by Siara.Corvus View Post
                                Thanks
                                your welcome

Comment

Working...
                                X