Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've been having problems posting. it tells me to reload the page-that doesn't work, so i sign out and then try to sign in again. well, it tells me the name or password is incorrect and i have to go thru getting a new password again. this has been going on for almost 2 weeks. the next time i try to sign in again, the same problem-have to get new password. sometimes i have to copy my username and password from the email that is sent to me because it doesn't work if i just type it in. what's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
      i've been having problems posting. it tells me to reload the page-that doesn't work, so i sign out and then try to sign in again. well, it tells me the name or password is incorrect and i have to go thru getting a new password again. this has been going on for almost 2 weeks. the next time i try to sign in again, the same problem-have to get new password. sometimes i have to copy my username and password from the email that is sent to me because it doesn't work if i just type it in. what's going on?
      it may be a browser problem, what are you using?

Comment

or might be a cookie problem, where your browser isn't remembering GW's cookies so it doesn't know who you are
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          or might be a cookie problem, where your browser isn't remembering GW's cookies so it doesn't know who you are
          this mod is in the wrong thread, members only

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
            this mod is in the wrong thread, members only
            Hey! Mod's are members too!
            sigpic

Comment

Yep.Can't be a Mod without being a fully house-trained Member first...

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
              Sky and GJO offered some ideas to check out ,but here's a couple more to test.

Do you have to share a public computer while you use GW ?
              ( Eg ,library,Uni,even a family comp.)

Sometimes members have had probs logging in because other people's cookies took precedence.

Try clearing your cookies ,cache and browser,then do a Hard Drive refresh ( Press ctrl and F5 simultaneously.)
              Remember to check the "Remember me" box too,as otherwise you'll keep getting automatically logged out of the Forum.

Good luck !
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I was making this really big post and the forum logged me out because I didn't do anything for the hour...and I lost everything Is there anyway to retrieve the lost stuff that I typed? Like using the cache? If that's possible, how would I do that?
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Recover? No. You can use the remember me which keeps you logged in at all times
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

This happen to me last nite no matter if I checked remember me or not
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      Try clearing your cookies ,cache and browser,then do a Hard Drive refresh ( Press ctrl and F5 simultaneously.)
                      Remember to check the "Remember me" box too,as otherwise you'll keep getting automatically logged out of the Forum.
                      "Remember me"? where is that?
                      Grimm returns October 24
                      sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                      Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                        "Remember me"? where is that?
                        Its right under the spot where you log in with your name and password
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Its right under the spot where you log in with your name and password
                          Thanks - can you believe me that I never saw it before?
                          Grimm returns October 24
                          sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                          Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Ticking the remember me box will not (always) avoid that problem. Best advice/solution to this and related problems is to type up long posts in another text editor like notepad, Word, or whatever you prefer and then post it here, once finished. Copy out of the text editor/source and then paste here.
                            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

As Jper said it is always best to copy out your long posts first on a word file. Sometimes if you are multi-quoting as well, what I do is tick the quoted posts, let it drop down and the copy/paste that into a word file. Open Office is the best for doing that as it won't change anything as some other word files do. Then simply write out your post and do the reverse copy/paste back into the thread. Having said that though it does depend on your browser, I use Firefox and I can leave my compy and come back two hours later and finish the post I was in the middle of I hope that's helped

Comment

Hi guys,

I totally understand the need for the 'Probie' Status of new members, but I have been trying to find some kind of list or requirements for moving up the ranks, cant anyone help me?

This is just curriosity more than anything ^.^ if there isn't a list or requirements someone humor me and let me know what my next rank would be. lol

Thanks
                                sigpic
                                Credit to: Samantha.Majka for the beautiful banner
                                Proud Tesla Trooper / Jonathan Young Minion
                                LiveJournal: http://aeryn11.livejournal.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X