This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another questtion

is there a thread or somthing were i can ask general questions about stargate (if not there shoud be)

i dont realy like 2 make new threads and i dont feel like making a new thread every time Carter puts an idea in my head cause that woud flood the bored lol

Comment

Try searching for the terms you want to talk about here. Are the questions about the stargate itself or some aspect of the show? It's a little hard to point you in the right direction without more information

Comment

Spoiler:
        questions about the Goa'uld (one has been on my mind for months), about the SGC, that sort of thing

Comment

Originally posted by Jaden View Post
          Spoiler:
          questions about the Goa'uld (one has been on my mind for months), about the SGC, that sort of thing
          No. Run a search in the SG1 folder. If nothing shows up close to your question then create a thread
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Any particular Goa'uld or just as a species in general? Either way would probably max out the search results.. But it's still worth a try as the threads you're looking for probably already exist The best places to look would be in the SG-1 Folder/ General Discussions or Science and Tech..

The SGC mostly appears in SG-1 so again that's the most likely place to find the threads you're looking for.

Comment

another questtion

is there a thread or somthing were i can ask general questions about stargate (if not there shoud be)

i dont realy like 2 make new threads and i dont feel like making a new thread every time Carter puts an idea in my head cause that woud flood the bored lol
              I liked to say thanks for asking or looking 1st. It seems most new posters just create a new thread without bothering to see if there is already something available.

Green for you.
              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

another questtion

sadly it's never really been done. it would help alot you can always ask in here. nothing from SG-1 & SGA aren't considered spoilers so you can bring it up freely with out spoilers tags
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  sadly it's never really been done. it would help alot you can always ask in here. nothing from SG-1 & SGA aren't considered spoilers so you can bring it up freely with out spoilers tags
                  Thats not true. Technically S5 of SGA is still spoiler tags required since its still airing in US syndication
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Thats not true. Technically S5 of SGA is still spoiler tags required since its still airing in US syndication
                    i thought it already did??? it's been a year or so ... i would have assumed it was already finished

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                      i thought it already did??? it's been a year or so ... i would have assumed it was already finished
                      Nope. The Fall 09-Spring 10 TV season is when SGA S5 airs in US syndication
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Tame mentioned that SGA Season 5 (or pics at least) weren't supposed to be considered a spoiler after August here, but I guess I don't recall an official announcement either. I believe that may have been when the DVDs came out.

Comment

there's is no official announcement we the posters just have look at the ep schedule and figure it out

Comment

Hi everyone,

I had a question about the Stargate. It has to do with one Stargate taking precedence over another Stargate when there are two Stargates on one planet, e.g. Earth (The Antartic Gate and the Giza Gate). In particular as seen in the episode "Solitudes" (SG1 Season 1 Episode 17). I tried to find a particular thread for this, but couldn't. Maybe one of you could point me in the right direction? Or quickly answer my question? (That'd be great!)

The facts:
                            We know that if there are two Stargates on a planet, and one has a DHD and the other hasn't, the one Stargate with (a functional, nearby) DHD is the alpha gate and takes precedence over the other non-DHD-having Stargate. See Watergate, SG-1 Season 4 Episode 7.

In "Solitudes", the Antartic gate has a functional, nearby DHD and the Giza gate in the SGC's gateroom (embarkation room) has not.

Why am I sure the Antartic gate has a functional DHD? Well, when Capt. Sam Carter unburries the DHD it works perfectly (it makes a connection to the gate and she can dial the symbols immediately after unburying it), but due to the fact that she is on Earth trying to connect to another Stargate on the same planet, Earth, she cannot establish a connection. However, in theory, as the DHD was fine, and the gate was fine, as was proven in later episodes by the NID using for their own purposes (Touchstone), she could have dialed another planet and made a stable connection.

Also, I know there is a DHD in existence for the Giza/SGC gate, but at that time, that DHD is in Russia, so I count that as a non-functional DHD.

The question:
                            Then, why when the Antartic DHD is functional and the other Giza gate, in the Embarkation room, hasn't a functional DHD, isn't the Antartic the primary or alpha gate? So why is the SGC's gate the primary/alpha gate while it hasn't got a real, proper, functional DHD present? While the other Antartic gate works fine, and the DHD is functional? Am I missing something?

I'd really appreciate all input or a redirection... from anyone, moderators or other members. Thanks!

sigpic

Comment

The real answer is that the writers didn't come up with the idea the DHD takes presidence until S4. So the concept wasn't embedded in the show yet and just wasn't considered Solitudes. I suppose being in Antartica and burried you could make the arguement that the Antartic DHD wasn't functioning but that would be hard to prove.

A simliar thing happened in 1969 when Teal'c says his symbiote will take over him when it matures. Yet later canon says its physiologically impossible for a Goa'uld to take over a Jaffa
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                The real answer is that the writers didn't come up with the idea the DHD takes presidence until S4. So the concept wasn't embedded in the show yet and just wasn't considered Solitudes. I suppose being in Antartica and burried you could make the arguement that the Antartic DHD wasn't functioning but that would be hard to prove.
                                Thanks for the input!

Oh yeah, that'd be possible... The "real answer" seems logical. However, I thought maybe there could have been a better actual canon explanation. The thing about the "being in Antartica and burried you could make the argument that the Antartic DHD wasn't functioning" argument that got me wondering is: when then do you think it would have started functioning? Don't we know that the DHD worked for the NID for their rogue operations and then it died shortly after (confirmed in SG1 Season 6, Frozen)? Certainly if the DHD started working again after Sam unburied it, shouldn't the SG search teams sent-out have returned through the Antartic Stargate? So then the NID fixed the DHD? Still, wouldn't that be contradictory to the canon of Solitudes that the DHD was fine?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X