This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stargate Atlantis Girl View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that when you try to put in the big grin smiley face, it just looks like this (:d ), even when you put in a capital D or use the smiley list?
    If so, does anyone know why? Or how to fix it?
    Thanks
    Posts that are written entirely in capitals are automatically changed to lower case. It's a forum attribute to discourage spam. If the post only contains the smiley then the D automatically becomes a d.

The only way around it is to write more.

*edit: must sleep more so I don't miss important details in questions..

Typing :d doesn't work because that's not the code for the smiley.. it has to be :D (I used the noparse tags to show the capital D in the big grin smiley)

......... seems to work every time for me..
    Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 07 January 2010, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Atlantis Girl View Post
      Has anyone else noticed that when you try to put in the big grin smiley face, it just looks like this (:d ), even when you put in a capital D or use the smiley list?
      If so, does anyone know why? Or how to fix it?
      Thanks
      it happens from time to time regardless of how you write your post . even if you go back and edit it still does it. nothing anyone can do
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Thanks for the help guys
        Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

I made a post and Im assumin a moderator snipped it, but wot is snipped and howcome it was snipped? lol
          sigpic

Comment

Snipped because the MPAA and other official investigators come down on sites and those who post to them with subpoenas if they see fansites as promoting download in any way.

ie: snipped so you and GW don't get hassled and Darren forced to hand over IP/other private records.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

One warning to folks, we have a zero tolerance for illegal download sites. People get banned for posting illegal download links. And we don't ask questions or explanations, we just ban.

If you only got your post snipped, then you were lucky.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

hey i was wondaring is there a rule about posting in old topics?

i dont wanna be band for posting in a month old topic

Comment

Nope.

Threads never close so your perfectly in the rules by posting in old threads. In fact its encourage, mods dislike duplicate threads about the same topic
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Jaden View Post
                    hey i was wondaring is there a rule about posting in old topics?

i dont wanna be band for posting in a month old topic
                    As long as it is relevant to the topic there's no objection, on the contrary. Besides a month old isn't old around here. There are threads that are way older than one month that resurface again. Anyway IMHO that is. Official rules there aren't I think. On the contrary, the rules say that duplicate threads should be avoided. So you're probably better off with the old thread instead of making a new thread.
                    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

ok thanks. so im aloud 2 post in a thread from like 2 years ago?

Comment

Sure. Why not?

Although if their is a more current thread with a simliar topic I would use that one
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

ok thanks. just making sure so i dont get band

Comment

You would have to do a lot worse to get banned. At worse the mods would have just merged your thread
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Two years? Older threads than that have resurfaced Posting in old threads is really not something you need to worry about.

Comment

as long as your post has substance it's ok. if you just post one or two words post just so the thread is bump up on the front page is frowned upon.
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X