Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay it has been happening for a few days now and I want to know if anyone else has had this issue. I will click My Control and see a thread I am subscribed to has a new post I click on the Thread name and then it suddenly gives me the message that I am unsubscribing to the thread o.O has anyone else had this problem or is it just me? I know I am clicking the Thread name I have checked and I pay attention everytime but still GW is unsubscribing me randomly from threads
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
      i'm ok here
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I have noticed that sometimes when I post a reply, after I click it to post, the ad at the bottom suddenly is covering the bottom of the post where the quote and edit and page numbers are., instead of being below. It's annoying if I decide I need to edit, because I can't access the edit button. sometimes it's just a blank white strip, sometimes it's the ad itself.
        no means no, and so does pepper spray
        Sig by The Carpenter
        sigpic

Comment

Post the problem in the GW ads thread or Ask the Mods thread. That or use some kind of ad block
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Post the problem in the GW ads thread or Ask the Mods thread. That or use some kind of ad block
            It's just a recent problem, and I'll post it . It only happens sometimes.
            Sig by The Carpenter
            sigpic

Comment

I have a small problem that only recently showed up after installing the Opera10 browser. When I go the Free greens thread the hour glass stays on and I cannot rep anyone there. It is only on that thread

wonderful sig by my little sister Mel, kind of reminds me of the missus and me

Comment

Originally posted by benoz777 View Post
                I have a small problem that only recently showed up after installing the Opera10 browser. When I go the Free greens thread the hour glass stays on and I cannot rep anyone there. It is only on that thread
                i've had trouble with opera 10 hanging and not being responsive on gw. the next opera beta is supposed to focus on issues like this so you might be better off trying a different browser

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  i've had trouble with opera 10 hanging and not being responsive on gw. the next opera beta is supposed to focus on issues like this so you might be better off trying a different browser
                  Yes but which one. IE is fast but does not show all the GW tab functions, GoogleChrome and Firefox, were so slow, and both kept dropping out continuously, is there any better atm?

wonderful sig by my little sister Mel, kind of reminds me of the missus and me

Comment

Yes but which one. IE is fast but does not show all the GW tab functions, Google Chrome and Firefox, were so slow, and both kept dropping out continuously, is there any better atm?
                    when using opera do you have sigs turned off forum wide. some people like to have rotating sigs or stuff from the dragon cave. and in the past those imagines tend to load up slowly so that could be the problem

Comment

If the problem is only on this thread, then I would say it's someone's signature or other picture posted is the problem.

I've blocked dragon cave, clintonio, creature swamp sites from loading images as I found they often drag or crash my browser. Also blocked the little skype icon under poster's location as this links to the skype site and I traced it to some slow loading pages.
                      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

FireFox 3.5.

Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable

Can't get any better. Works fine for me, even on our 5.5 years old desktop. And that is one very slow computer, but FireFox does just fine.
                        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

your rank title and your rank class are two different things

a person, specifically a probie, can be in the probie class, but have an airman rank

we have the general classes of
                          probie
                          basic trainee
                          officers class

and those have different perks attached to them. (mail box size, available avatars, etc)

but your title/rank changes differently. and i think that's where the confusion comes from, because a person can have an airman title but still be in the moderated probie class
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            your rank title and your rank class are two different things

a person, specifically a probie, can be in the probie class, but have an airman rank

we have the general classes of
                            probie
                            basic trainee
                            officers class

and those have different perks attached to them. (mail box size, available avatars, etc)

but your title/rank changes differently. and i think that's where the confusion comes from, because a person can have an airman title but still be in the moderated probie class
                            I agree that's where the confusion sometimes comes from.

On the same topic, I had a question about that. I know you cannot tell us when you go from Probie to the basic trainee class, but could you tell us when you go from basic trainee to the officers class? Or are there more users-classes? Do you go from basic trainee to officer when you reach 2,000ish posts and you get a custom avatar?

On the same note, I asked not that long ago, in one of these threads, if mailbox size varied with the class you were in, and the answer was negative, but now you're saying it is. So now I have room for 100PMs, I had less room previously, but one said that was Darren increasing storage space one time for everyone. Will I ever get more space?

Also what are the other perks of going from Basic trainee to Officer?

I'm very curious, am I not?
                            J.
                            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by jper View Post

on the same note, i asked not that long ago, in one of these threads, if mailbox size varied with the class you were in, and the answer was negative, . Will i ever get more space?

J.
                              no.
                              Sig by The Carpenter
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post

On the same note, I asked not that long ago, in one of these threads, if mailbox size varied with the class you were in, and the answer was negative, but now you're saying it is. So now I have room for 100PMs, I had less room previously, but one said that was Darren increasing storage space one time for everyone. Will I ever get more space?

Also what are the other perks of going from Basic trainee to Officer?

I'm very curious, am I not?
                                J.
                                101 is the max of your PM box. Their are no perks based on post count besides the custom
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X