This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
    Jasper, thanks for clarifying all that. That certainly makes things easier for me. I'll definitely be marking down all the links you posted. Definite greenery here.
    You're welcome! Thanks for the green! Do check the moderators' response as to see if everything I told you was indeed 100% correct.

[ETA] I see it was moved to the MhM thread, so I guess it was all good. No problem with me then. I do hope if the moderators don't agree, or question something they will speak up.
    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Nope we have no disagreement with what you directed

however, we would appreciate that members do not answer in the ATM thread and instead PM responses if a member knows an answer or bring it over into this thread
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post

however, we would appreciate that members do not answer in the ATM thread and instead PM responses if a member knows an answer or bring it over into this thread
        That's good.

Yeah, but then I'd never have know if what I said was indeed correct. No? Anyway, I know about that and I try to remember it.

Thanks, Tame.
        For the moving and answering.

Comment

From the Ask the Moderators-thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...4#post10931294

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
          My page is constantly showing 4 notifications for VM's even though I've read and answered them all, any ideas?
          The solution to that is trying to delete a VM, preferable the last one. It will work. Several other people had the same problem.

The solution was provided in this thread, post 2862, 2863 and 2864.
          Last edited by Jper; 06 December 2009, 02:44 PM.

Comment

It would be more wise to VM/PM him instead of posting it here for 2 reasoms.

1. What if he doesn't read thos thread.
            2. Quoting a post and then moving it to another thread is forum violation
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              It would be more wise to VM/PM him instead of posting it here for 2 reasoms.

1. What if he doesn't read thos thread.
              2. Quoting a post and then moving it to another thread is forum violation
              I did that, but since I suggested to delete my VM, and thus I posted it here again as a reference.

As to answer your second objection, read Tame's earlier post, I'm just doing what she told me.

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post

Also, quoting a post and then moving it to another thread is not a forum violation. A lot of people do it every day and no one objected to this before.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                I did that, but since I suggested to delete my VM, and thus I posted it here again as a reference.

As to answer your second objection, read Tame's earlier post, I'm just doing what she told me.

Also, quoting a post and then moving it to another thread is not a forum violation. A lot of people do it every day and no one objected to this before.
                Tame means a post in link form. It is indeed a forum violation. I was lectured on it before
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Tame means a post in link form. It is indeed a forum violation. I was lectured on it before
                  Well, I was never lectured on it... until now, and as you are not a mod, I don't really care... I've been doing it all this time... and so have others... and I do not see the problem with it. On the contrary I only see a benefit... As in: I mention what I'm talking about... We, the forum members, put a lot of other things in quote-tags all the time. And I clearly mentioned that it was from another thread. No offense, jel, but I find this to be nitpicking while I'm just trying to help someone and in no way imho this can be seen as a violation or something "bad".

[ETA] Not to mention the fact that the forum provides a feature that easily allows us/me/you to select posts all over the forum and then use all those quotes in one single post...
                  Last edited by Jper; 06 December 2009, 02:56 PM.

Comment

the way that 'quoting and moving a post' is against the rules is in the situations of 'did you see what so and so posted in this thread????' and then the content of thread A is put into thread B, so that the poster of the comment in Thread A is effectively talked about behind their backs.

When it's used in the context of helping another, it's not something we lose sleep over.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

How long does probie last, this is so weird, for me at least, 10 years in the Army and I'm reduced to ranks

wonderful sig by my little sister Mel, kind of reminds me of the missus and me

Comment

It lasts as long as it lasts... just keep posting and you'll get through probie status eventually

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                          It lasts as long as it lasts... just keep posting and you'll get through probie status eventually
                          Nice....*posts madly*

Comment

It also takes time.. and rep points...

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                              It also takes time.. and rep points...
                              So green me....hehehehhe yeah I know the score, got a talkative family here

Comment

I don't think you need to worry too much about probie status.. you seem to have a Mod following you around...

Comment

Working...
                                X