Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, can somebody help a poor confused Gateworlder?

It appears that my sig has more KB's than sigs that are, obviously, bigger than mine... why is that?

Anyone know?

Is it my userbars?
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
      Hi, can somebody help a poor confused Gateworlder?

It appears that my sig has more KB's than sigs that are, obviously, bigger than mine... why is that?

Anyone know?
      Your picture must be of better quality. Shaper more clear pictures take up more memory then say a pixelated pictures. That said it very easy to reduce the memory problems.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Your picture must be of better quality. Shaper more clear pictures take up more memory then say a pixelated pictures. That said it very easy to reduce the memory problems.
        My picture is blurry/softened. Yours looks pretty clear to me, and sharp.

Ah, well... Guess I gotta make it smaller than it already is... 500 x 150 pixels...
        sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

I helped you out in the Jennifer/Rodney thread RiG. See there.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...38#post9990738
          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
            I helped you out in the Jennifer/Rodney thread RiG. See there.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...38#post9990738
            I know you did...

I apologize for sounding immature but...

THIS PERSONS SIG IS TOO BIG!!! And it's in the sig rules thread... Oh, the irony!
            sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

If you have Adobe Photoshop you can make your signature size smaller by opening up the image and when you save it as a .jpg the "jpg options" screen comes up. Don't save it on a quality of "12". It should look fine saved on a quality of 10 or even 9 and will reduce image size drastically.

It worked for me and it doesn't look like I lost any quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                If you have Adobe Photoshop you can make your signature size smaller by opening up the image and when you save it as a .jpg the "jpg options" screen comes up. Don't save it on a quality of "12". It should look fine saved on a quality of 10 or even 9 and will reduce image size drastically.

It worked for me and it doesn't look like I lost any quality.
                Yes and PhotoShop even shows you the size while changing that, and you can choose web-optimized and all. I know that, and I use PhotoShop myself too, but that's a rather expensive program. So, I recommended the free program "Irfanview."

And indeed, almost no quality loss, but a huge reduction in size.

A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

A question...when I have a conversation with a person on probie status via visitor messages - can I somehow approve them or do I have to wait for a moderator to approve them? (for the notification to go away)

sigpic

Comment

Need Mod approval/deletion.

Are the notifications clearing ?
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      Need Mod approval/deletion.

Are the notifications clearing ?
                      yes thank you - I waited for a while to see if something was happening - but it took a while so I thought I asked - started clearing almost immediatly afterwards

thanks for the answer

sigpic

Comment

Y'welcome,Shan !

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post

THIS PERSONS SIG IS TOO BIG!!! And it's in the sig rules thread... Oh, the irony!
                          Being dealt with.Please use the report button if you find any other sig overloads.

Nothing ironic about the post you noticed being in the sig clarification thread.

They didn't have that sig back when they made that post,and they've been away from GW since quite a long time ,so the sig got missed on the radar till now.

Comment

it's a forum not a witch hunt. if you see a sig that you feel breaks the rules report the user and move on.
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

we clear the announcements and visitor messaging as quickly as we can, but sometimes it takes us a bit. so if some needs to be approved, like Baggie said, just let a mod know.

I wish we didn't have to mod them. but the spammers made it a necessity.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

why are my posts having to be checked before they are readable
                                im so bored im dead

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X