X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
    I think album activity is not available to people with probie status
    Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    No. One thing about being a probie besides having to have your posts approved by mods is that you can't upload pics to an album. Blame the spammers. They are the reason you have to wait.
    Grr, ok thanks, when do I come off probie status then?

Comment

the exact number is not known...somewhere around 20 if I have to guess, or if a moderator is sure you are not a spammer he/she can unlock you sooner

sigpic

Comment

make enough posts and you'll earn your way off probie status

the exact number is a secret and changes now and then.

and yes, i'm afraid that probie members can't upload albums or send pm's or post visitor messages. We used to allow that,but some spammers found out and signed up to start blasting our members with spam pm's, so we had to disable it.

I'm sorry about the inconvenience but they pretty much tied our hands
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Okey dokey, thanks, I'll just have to get on the forums and play nice

Comment

Hi I'm back *again* with questions about newbie and probie status: Do posts in the fun and games forums count towards getting rid of probie status? And since I'm on 27 (if f&g posts count) will it change soon?

Comment

I think fun and games posts do count, off topic posts don't count. However, if you post in fun and games a moderator can't really judge if the poster is just trying to collect posts before starting to spam, or if it is a normal poster - so probably no early getting rid of probie status

As has been said the posts required change, so I have no clue when you will be released from it - sorry

sigpic

Comment

Ah, thanks, but how am I supposed to take part in threads when my posts take ages to get put up? Sometimes the conversation's already moved on. Thaks for replying

Comment

yeah - I know - the delay can suck a lot - that just works real good with very slow moving threads

but we had such horrible spammers here - the mods had no choice but to restrict new people's activities

sigpic

Comment

Thank you, my status has just changed to 'Airman' so I'm kinda hoping I'm ok from now on... I'll wait and see how long this message takes to come up

Comment

you should be perfectly fine now - and some nice options just should have come available to you, like PM or creating an album

sigpic

Comment

Haha, nope still being moderated, guess I'll have to try and find some slow-moving threads to post in

Comment

oh - sorry to hear that

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by PleiadesAltariel View Post
                              Thanks for the help
                              it's a necessary step. the probie set up has saved gw from many spammers
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

we get hit by at least one spammer a day, sometimes more.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X