Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But don't hotlink the pics, becuase that would steal bandwidth, and annoy the living hell out of me.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCat...Gater
      I have a question and I'm not sure if this is the right thread/place but here goes:

How do you make a screen capture (TV/PC) and where does everyone get all the pictures they use in their posts? (sigs & the body of the posts) Sometimes I see 'SciFi' on them like a screen cap and others??? Are they borrowed from other sites and used with permission? Yeah ok a couple of questions

If the answer is long or involved, please PM me. Thanks in advance!
      Most of the images seen here at GW are hosted by posters on a free image account like Photobucket or Imageshack. Screen caps are sometimes provided by people who screen cap eps off DVD's, or from movie files.
      Just remember that hpt-linking is frowned upon, and costs website hosts in the end, because the link eats up bandwidth, which the site host has to pay for.

If you have a DVD-Rom/Writer drive and DVD player software installed on your computer, you can use your Player software to get screen caps. Most DVD player software programs allow you to create still images.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
        But don't hotlink the pics, becuase that would steal bandwidth, and annoy the living hell out of me.
        I know how to post a picture (without hotlinking) I just didn't know where everyone got the pictures to post.
        Last edited by BlueCat...Gater; 23 December 2005, 04:22 AM.
        Hero worship is only a part time job

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
          Most of the images seen here at GW are hosted by posters on a free image account like Photobucket or Imageshack. Screen caps are sometimes provided by people who screen cap eps off DVD's, or from movie files.
          Just remember that hpt-linking is frowned upon, and costs website hosts in the end, because the link eats up bandwidth, which the site host has to pay for.

If you have a DVD-Rom/Writer drive and DVD player software installed on your computer, you can use your Player software to get screen caps. Most DVD player software programs allow you to create still images.
          Yep I've got an account with photobucket so I'm all set...Thanks! I don't think I'll be actually doing the screen caps myself cause I don't have that software on my laptop.
          Hero worship is only a part time job

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCat...Gater
            Yep I've got an account with photobucket so I'm all set...Thanks! I don't think I'll be actually doing the screen caps myself cause I don't have that software on my laptop.
            A good place to get stargate pics is here.

Comment

Sorry if this has been asked before. How do you quote more than one prior post in a reply post?
              sigpic
              Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Right click the quote buttons of the posts you want to quote, then "Open in New Window".

Once you have that, you'll just have to cut and paste the differnt quotes into one response.

That's how I do it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1
                  Sorry if this has been asked before. How do you quote more than one prior post in a reply post?
                  My silly question above.

And the very helpful response below. Thanks!

Originally posted by PG15
                  Right click the quote buttons of the posts you want to quote, then "Open in New Window".

Once you have that, you'll just have to cut and paste the differnt quotes into one response.

That's how I do it anyway.
                  sigpic
                  Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Also you can put in the quote tags yourself to put it in the blue tint. These are (without the space after the brackets - these are just to show the tags) [ quote] quote here [ /quote] and to put the person's name in [ quote=gategipsy] quote here [/quote].
                    sigpic

Comment

Invision Board has an option to quote multiple posts automatically by toggling the quote button on each post - i dont know why vb dont implement it
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

I am wondering that myself too ! It would be very usefull !!

Anubis
                        Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                          Invision Board has an option to quote multiple posts automatically by toggling the quote button on each post - i dont know why vb dont implement it
                          Invision uses it's BB software. It's similar to vBulletin, but not the exact same. Someone with php experience could very easily modify vBulletin or create a separate code block to do the same thing, though.

Comment

need help messed up the title of my thread

Comment

I can change the title of your thread if you provide a link to it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                                I can change the title of your thread if you provide a link to it.
                                this is embarassing, i dont know how to do that

Comment

Working...
                                X