Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's your choice, thought it may confuse some people, especially in more active/complex threads.

actually, there is a way to see past the last 20 reps on your CP. your CP only displays reps from people not on your ignore list, so if you (temporarily) ignore some of the people who've repped you, you can see farther down the list. the only problem is that you can't ignore mods, so if you've been repped 20+ times by mods, eventually you'll get stuck. plus, i've never actually tried to reach the end, so i'm not sure how far back it works.

my spell check works fine too (firefox 2.0.0.11). maybe try toggling the option, checking your preferences, or redownloading? or go bug the local tech guys; ukky tends to know everything.
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
      Wraith_Boy, bless his heart, is claiming that the following are NOT considered spoilers for people who haven't seen SG-1 S10 and Atlantis S3:
      Spoiler:
      1.) The events of Unending in general. And the Asgard's death and gift of their "legacy" to Earth.
      2.) The general events of "First Strike" (S3 finale). The use of the Horizon specifically.
      3.) The general events of the first half of season 4. The Asurans wiping out human worlds due to McKay's program specifically.

He reasons that people who have seen the show, but NOT SG-1 S10 & Atlantis S3-4 would have reasoned these events through logic, and therefore those things aren't spoilers. I believe that out of courtesy, they should be considered, and treated like spoilers when posting in the General Forum.

So how should the spoiler policy apply? I have no problem either way, but may revise my post(s), and take some stuff out of spoiler tags if he's right. Thanks.
      The spoiler rules are very simple - in fact, have been made more simple this season.

Everything to do with the current season (therefore Season 4 of Atlantis or the new SG1 movies) needs to be spoiler-tagged - this applies to any plot points and any pictures that reveal plot points.

Everything previous to the current season (therefore up to and including Season 3 of SGA and Season 10 of SG1) does not need to be spoiler-tagged.

Wraithboy is therefore correct that the areas covered in your points 1 and 2 do not need to be spoiler-tagged (though not about the reason why) but is wrong wrong wrong about point 3 - anything to do with the first half of Season 4 must be spoiler-tagged.
      sigpic

Comment

1.) The events of Unending in general. And the Asgard's death and gift of their "legacy" to Earth.
        (Disclaimer: I've only seen the 1st and 2nd season of SG1)
        Spoiler:
        THE ASGARD ARE DEAD!?!?!? WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN!?

Adrianne
        Last edited by Skydiver; 27 December 2007, 12:22 PM.
        If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
        It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP View Post
          (Disclaimer: I've only seen the 1st and 2nd season of SG1)
          Spoiler:
          THE ASGARD ARE DEAD!?!?!? WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN!?

Adrianne
          Unending. Quite quickly.
          Last edited by Skydiver; 27 December 2007, 12:22 PM.
          I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by jonno View Post
            Unending. Quite quickly.
            Why?!

(Well I suppose I should watch Unending )

Adrianne
            If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP View Post
              Why?!

(Well I suppose I should watch Unending )

Adrianne
              Because the show was run by a buncha fanboys and writers that couldn't write themselves out of a paper bag.
              Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng View Post
                Because the show was run by a buncha fanboys and writers that couldn't write themselves out of a paper bag.
                Sadly That makes the most sense.

I loved the Asgard! They were the only ... :;Sigh::

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                  I use firefox, and the spellcheck feature is really helpful. It works on every message box I type in except one - Gate world quick reply.
                  How do I fix it? When right clicked, the option to spellcheck is on, but nothing is underlined.

Also, why is it that we have to quick the QR button to activate quick reply? Can't the box be enabled by default? I know it can (I use other vbulletin forums). So why isn't enabled? And if the answer is because of loading times, that is BS. There are images everywhere here. Ads, and atleast 30 per page due to sigs..
                  the spell check does work if you see it checked un check it and then re check it. that should work

it's worked for me in the past
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I was wondering if there is a way to save favorite posts on this forum.
                    Sometimes I'd like to refer back to a particular item that I've read before, and was not sure if there is a function like this. (But guess I could just create a Word document on my desktop and save them to that).
                    Thanks
                    sigpic

Comment

You can click on the post number (the #xxxx beside the rep symbol), and that will bring up the post by itself. Then just bookmark it.

That's what I do.

Comment

Thanks!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                          I was wondering if there is a way to save favorite posts on this forum.
                          Sometimes I'd like to refer back to a particular item that I've read before, and was not sure if there is a function like this. (But guess I could just create a Word document on my desktop and save them to that).
                          Thanks
                          Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          You can click on the post number (the #xxxx beside the rep symbol), and that will bring up the post by itself. Then just bookmark it.

That's what I do.
                          or if you have lots of time in your life like me you can screencap the post

Comment

I want to make myself a sig pic and I was wondering if anyone would like to share some high resolution Aurora, O'Neill, Odyssey, pics .

Comment

OK, I have another question - I am such a computer dummy
                              When I submit a post and want to link to another site or another post how do I insert the link without ending up seeing the whole "http://blablablabla" thingie? I see lots of people just including a see here which leads to the site in question. So sorry if this is basic stuff, but I am stumped. (I did try searching but was not lucky)
                              Thank anyone for advice.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                                OK, I have another question - I am such a computer dummy
                                When I submit a post and want to link to another site or another post how do I insert the link without ending up seeing the whole "http://blablablabla" thingie? I see lots of people just including a see here which leads to the site in question. So sorry if this is basic stuff, but I am stumped. (I did try searching but was not lucky)
                                Thank anyone for advice.
                                highlight the text and then hit the Icon that looks like a little blue earth and insert the address into the box that opens

the blue icon is below the (white smile) on the editing bar

Comment

Working...
                                X