Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's a good way to diagnose. use another program. if the problem persists, tehn it's a problem on your end with the firewall, like saberblade said. I don't think it's on our end or i'd have hundreds of folks complaining.

if it doesn't persist, it's a setting with firefox. i'm sure they have a forum you can check out to find fixes.

HOnestly, i don't bother with company sponsored tech support anymore, i just find a forum and ask other users. they're speedier and often more knowledgable than 'official' help
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I had the same problem with Microsoft Internet Explorer, then I changed to Mozilla Firefox. Now when I first open the Gateworld page and I hit log in, there's an option "remember me" and I check it when I type my user name and password. Either if you ask the Mozilla to remember your password or not ( I always chek "Not now" ) you'll be logged in as long as your computer is on.

Comment

I use internet exploror and I never have to log in, when i go through gateworld from another site, I am always logged in. I set it that way so I dont have to be bothered with entering my password as I am the only one who uses my laptop.
        sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

i do the same thing. the only difference is, if i'm on a 'borrowed' computer, then obviously it does'nt have the cookies, i still click the 'remember me' but then i always log out when i'm done.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amann View Post
            I use internet exploror and I never have to log in, when i go through gateworld from another site, I am always logged in. I set it that way so I dont have to be bothered with entering my password as I am the only one who uses my laptop.
            That's what I do.

Comment

I just posted a thread with a spoiler in it. I used the spoiler tags to stop anyone who does not want to know from accidentally seeing it. However when I looked at the forum page and mouseovered the thread title, the spoiler text popped up. Is there something I should have done when posting, to stop this?
              My jokes site - http://www.homegrownlaughter.com - for great jokes

It has come to my notice that some people in this forum are using the letter A without having first obtained a licence. Be aware that the letter A is now a patented property, and continuing to use it without a licence will result in criminal prosecution. Please CLICK HERE for full details.

Comment

thats just how it's supoposed to be sadly. you didn't do anything wrong

Comment

Originally posted by SGA fan View Post
                  thats just how it's supoposed to be sadly. you didn't do anything wrong
                  Yup. The mouseover function shows the first couple of lines of text of the post, regardless of tags. So you did nothing wrong. And good for you for taking the time to a) use spoiler tags and b) ask the question. Your desire to inform yourself of, and abide by, the forum rules and etiquette does you credit!
                  sigpic

Comment

if you hit enter a handful of times then put the spoiler it'll be out of range of the mouse over (assuming GW allows that - i know they put the kaibash on all caps words so you never know)

Comment

We don't have any rules about that; as things stand the mouse-hover function is used at people's own risk.

It's nice that you care, ecchi and you're doing fine.

Madeleine

Comment

Hi guys, I have a question that doesn't regard the forum itself. I hope it's ok to post it here. I don't know where else I'd post it.

Anyway, here goes: Which of the programs allow you to do a screen capture while watching sth, besides Windows Media Player? If anyone knows the answer, I'd really appreciate it.
                        "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
                          Hi guys, I have a question that doesn't regard the forum itself. I hope it's ok to post it here. I don't know where else I'd post it.

Anyway, here goes: Which of the programs allow you to do a screen capture while watching sth, besides Windows Media Player? If anyone knows the answer, I'd really appreciate it.
                          no idea what sth is honestly but VLC player let you make screencaps and is also good for a lot of formats...You don't need codexes in any way, if you google it you can DL it, cause it is free

Comment

I think sth is an abbreviated way of typing "something"?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                              no idea what sth is honestly but VLC player let you make screencaps and is also good for a lot of formats...You don't need codexes in any way, if you google it you can DL it, cause it is free
                              Thank you very much. I'll go check now.
                              "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Here's the link for the vlc player.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X