X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateGipsy
    What, you go to other sites? *gasp*

Me I'm a stay at home stick in the mud die hard GateWorld's the only place for me kinda of gal
    Yes

I was referring to other forums in general - I dont go to any other Stargate discussion forums
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

LOL I was only teasing you Qasim.

But actually, this is the only forum I go to these days Stargate or otherwise!
      sigpic

Comment

Hi everybody. I've finally convinced my sister to join the Gateworld forum, and we've been brainstorming names to use for her user name. I was wondering, is there any way to search the database of users to make sure that a name isn't taken or that there isn't one too similar already taken by another member? If anyone knows do let me know and thanks.

~ Tiret

Comment

Originally posted by Tiret
          Hi everybody. I've finally convinced my sister to join the Gateworld forum, and we've been brainstorming names to use for her user name. I was wondering, is there any way to search the database of users to make sure that a name isn't taken or that there isn't one too similar already taken by another member? If anyone knows do let me know and thanks.
          Try forum leaders:http://forum.gateworld.net/showgroups.php?

They are not in order, but you can use the search/find button
          sigpic

Comment

~ Tiret
            The easiest way to find out if the name(s) you want to use are available is to simply register and try and see if the name is available. If the name is already in use, the system will tell you and ask you to try a different name.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
              The easiest way to find out if the name(s) you want to use are available is to simply register and try and see if the name is available. If the name is already in use, the system will tell you and ask you to try a different name.
              yeah i agree with that, plus its very hard to search through 12000 members trying to spot a name that isnt there. dare i say it you could just use 'your name' and then put a rank or 'lord/mistress' before it.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                yeah i agree with that, plus its very hard to search through 12000 members trying to spot a name that isnt there. dare i say it you could just use 'your name' and then put a rank or 'lord/mistress' before it.
                That seems to be a common theme these days, although thats not where my name came from

Comment

Hello all. NowIWillDestroyAbydos, your link isn't working for me. It may be just my computer, I've been having problems with application hang-ups over the past couple of days, and I haven't got it sorted out yet. To those who mentioned it, the reason my sister and I didn't just register the name to see if it was taken was to avoid chosing a name that was very similar, though not identical to, another that already exists. For example: StargateGirl, GateGirl, Gate_Girl, GateGurl...etc. (That isn't actually one of the names we were considering, just an example to show you what I mean.) But if it's gonna be too tricky we may just take the leap and try a name. I wasn't so worried when I registered my own name because, well, I had purposely tried to invent a name with a unique flavor to it, and I thought I had succeeded. Of course we could just use her own name, with a title added or something...but we're going for something that makes a little more of a fun statement. Just our personal preference, mind you.

Comment

Abydos' link has been known to freeze browsers such as IE but seems to work with FireFox. Fun Names can get tired after a period of time so think ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                      Abydos' link has been known to freeze browsers such as IE but seems to work with FireFox. Fun Names can get tired after a period of time so think ahead.
                      Don't worry, IE hasn't frozen. It's just that IE formats the page in memory before it shows it where Firefox updates the display as it goes. IE is working you just have to wait a little while as it chugs though a long long long long page.
                      srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Thats probably it, I use IE and het bored of waiting and click and then it requires closing

Comment

Thats probably it, I use IE and het bored of waiting and click and then it requires closing
                          Well IE also doesn't update the UI when it's downloading and formatting the page, that's why it appears to have frozen. You'd have thought over the years they's make it multi-threadded
                          srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Fun Names can get tired after a period of time so think ahead.
                            Note taken!

Comment

Hello all. NowIWillDestroyAbydos, your link isn't working for me. It may be just my computer, I've been having problems with application hang-ups over the past couple of days, and I haven't got it sorted out yet. To those who mentioned it, the reason my sister and I didn't just register the name to see if it was taken was to avoid chosing a name that was very similar, though not identical to, another that already exists. For example: StargateGirl, GateGirl, Gate_Girl, GateGurl...etc. (That isn't actually one of the names we were considering, just an example to show you what I mean.) But if it's gonna be too tricky we may just take the leap and try a name. I wasn't so worried when I registered my own name because, well, I had purposely tried to invent a name with a unique flavor to it, and I thought I had succeeded. Of course we could just use her own name, with a title added or something...but we're going for something that makes a little more of a fun statement. Just our personal preference, mind you.
                              I don't know if you've chosen yet, but if not, you can go to advanced search, type in part of the name you're considering in the Search by Username section, uncheck exact name, and you can see if anyone with a similar name is an active member or not.
                              gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

Thanks everybody! My sister is now registered on GateWorld. Keep a watch out for Tau'ri_Attitude!

Comment

Working...
                                X