This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smurf View Post
    You're actually quite a way over the sig limit already - which is 700x200 pixels & 54kb maximum in total (ie. including text). You might want to shrink the pictures down, or hide them in spoiler tags, before a mod comes along with the scissors of doom.
    I thought i was over the limit so i took off little stargates its cool now? Never mind im gonna go to ask a mod if its ok.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
      I thought i was over the limit so i took off little stargates its cool now? Never mind im gonna go to ask a mod if its ok.
      Well, the image is 700x180, which would mean you only had 20pix of height to play with with the text, so it's still probably slightly too big.

I'd maybe suggest shrinking the top links down to Size 1, and putting the link as the text.

i.e:

Or, ... do you really need links to the homepage and forum on your sig ... I mean, they're here already, and there's a link to the hompage on every forum page?
      I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by jonno View Post
        Well, the image is 700x180, which would mean you only had 20pix of height to play with with the text, so it's still probably slightly too big.

I'd maybe suggest shrinking the top links down to Size 1, and putting the link as the text.

i.e:

Or, ... do you really need links to the homepage and forum on your sig ... I mean, they're here already, and there's a link to the hompage on every forum page?
        I don't need it but it looks nice. I didn't want my sig to just be a picture I think the links look cool. And theres really only one person I care that likes it, and thats me. ...and maybe mods so they don't say its too big.

Comment

You're actually quite a way over the sig limit already - which is 700x200 pixels & 54kb maximum in total (ie. including text). You might want to shrink the pictures down, or hide them in spoiler tags, before a mod comes along with the scissors of doom.
          i believe, smurf, that when you say "54kb" you actually mean "50kb".
          sigpic
          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
            i believe, smurf, that when you say "54kb" you actually mean "50kb".
            I think I probably don't mean 54kb, because that is 54 kilobits and that's teeny.
            I may mean 53.7KB, which is what it now says on the sig upload section of "Edit signature", but it also now says 700x180 pixels, so I'm going stroke my imaginary goatie beard over that.

Hmm, interesting...

Comment

I think I probably don't mean 54kb, because that is 54 kilobits and that's teeny.
              I may mean 53.7KB, which is what it now says on the sig upload section of "Edit signature", but it also now says 700x180 pixels, so I'm going stroke my imaginary goatie beard over that.

Hmm, interesting...
              sorry about that. i dislike capitalization; sometimes i forget when must (on the flip side, you did say "kb"). but the rules and the sig clarification still say 50K(B) and 700x200. (actually, it says 200x700 and "200 pixels tall by 700 pixels wide". but we'll ignore that.)
              sigpic
              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
                I don't need it but it looks nice. I didn't want my sig to just be a picture I think the links look cool. And theres really only one person I care that likes it, and thats me. ...and maybe mods so they don't say its too big.
                This is why I have Sigs and Avatars turned of ...

BTW. You don't own threads so you can say, "My threads" as you don't own them, they are not your. You only made them ... What's the point of advertising them anyway? Are you going to add to the list every time you made a new thread? Goodness I hope not

Adrianne
                If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Hmm, interesting...
                  I love the imagery on this ...

Adrianne
                  If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
                    sorry about that. i dislike capitalization; sometimes i forget when must (on the flip side, you did say "kb"). but the rules and the sig clarification still say 50K(B) and 700x200. (actually, it says 200x700 and "200 pixels tall by 700 pixels wide". but we'll ignore that.)
                    Oh no, confusion reigns!
                    I think we should go for the midway point, and start telling new posters that the rules are 700x190 and 51.85KB.

Comment

Oh no, confusion reigns!
                      I think we should go for the midway point, and start telling new posters that the rules are 700x190 and 51.85KB.
                      alternately, we could tell new posters the actual rules of 200X700 and 50kb instead
                      sigpic

Comment

Meh, you're no fun.

I wonder why the upload signature section is set on 700x180 pixels, and 53.7KB. Odd numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP View Post
                          This is why I have Sigs and Avatars turned of ...

BTW. You don't own threads so you can say, "My threads" as you don't own them, they are not your. You only made them ... What's the point of advertising them anyway? Are you going to add to the list every time you made a new thread? Goodness I hope not

Adrianne
                          You're right! Let me take off my entire sig because Adriannep thinks its irrelevant to put up the threads I made on it! (sarcastic)

Comment

Right calm down - this thread is about helping people - not arguing. The limit is discussion and we don't want people who need help being scared off.
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:
                            President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                            President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                            Forum Charmer
                            Forum Ambassador
                            Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
                              Right calm down - this thread is about helping people - not arguing. The limit is discussion and we don't want people who need help being scared off.
                              We don't?

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Ok I was presumptious

Some of us don't want to scare people who need help being scared off
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:
                                President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                                President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                                Forum Charmer
                                Forum Ambassador
                                Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                                VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                                VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Working...
                                X