X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonno View Post
    DON'T GIVE HER IDEAS!!!!

Adrianne
    If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
    It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

oh you two just get a room already.
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

hey, I wanted to start a new thread but my post is really long, and doesnt fit within the allocated character limit. I was wondering if i submitted it mainly as a txt attatchment, would that appear as normal txt people can read, like a nromal post, or does it just appear as a file that people have to download & open to read?

cheers!
        Last edited by Asleifsson; 30 March 2007, 08:45 PM. Reason: Rubbish punctuation lol

Comment

Originally posted by Asleifsson View Post
          hey, I wanted to start a new thread but my post is really long, and doesnt fit within the allocated character limit. I was wondering if i submitted it mainly as a txt attatchment, would that appear as normal txt people can read, like a nromal post, or does it just appear as a file that people have to download & open to read?

cheers!
          It'd appear as a file. Your best option would probably be to break the whole post into multiple sections and post each section consecutively. I believe the post character limit is 2000 or so. The question of post length was recently asked in the "Ask the Mods" thread, so you should be able to find that information in the past couple of pages. I'd dig it up, but sleep beckons.
          Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

You can fit a heck of a lot into one post - what on earth do you need to post - to start a new thread - that is that long?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
              You can fit a heck of a lot into one post - what on earth do you need to post - to start a new thread - that is that long?
              Uh, hello, my thesis on why Stargate shouldn't be cancelled!!! That desires it's own thread so people can tell me how utterly amazing I am. I mean, really, I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Doh! Sarcasm again ...
              Uh, right, good question. My point exactly and all that.

Adrianne
              If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Yeh it was one of those mythos explaining posts for Battlestar G, except i got carried away and wrote over 4000 words damit. Ok, will hava look thru the "Ask the mods" section, Cheers guys =D

Comment

Ukky is right- just break it into two posts... or find a way to chop out 2000 words. The text file thing won't work (or won't work well). I remember someone asking about it when he intended to post his entire transcript of the original Stargate movie. And if I remember correctly he was a little miffed that Darren wouldn't change the rules just for him.

Another option is to post the entire text on a website somewhere and then create a link to it here. Folks can discuss it in the "here's my theory, what do you think?" post.

Comment

Oh k, cool. Il split it into chunks I think. Hehe na, i dont want the rules broken, its all good!

Comment

Originally posted by Asleifsson View Post
                      Yeh it was one of those mythos explaining posts for Battlestar G, except i got carried away and wrote over 4000 words damit. Ok, will hava look thru the "Ask the mods" section, Cheers guys =D
                      Wow and I was totally joking.

Do you see what happens when I strike out my sarcasm? I'm actually right. Don't question my sarcasm for I am never wrong

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Hey, even a busted clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Is anyone else finding the forum slower on the new skin? I've had it on since it was announced but recently I found GW really slow... So I tried reverting to the "classic" and it seems a lot faster. Anyone else found this or is my computer just "on the glue" so to speak?

ETA: Also, i couldn't access threads. It just kept on loading...
                          Last edited by Anubis69; 02 April 2007, 01:53 PM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
                            Is anyone else finding the forum slower on the new skin? I've had it on since it was announced but recently I found GW really slow... So I tried reverting to the "classic" and it seems a lot faster. Anyone else found this or is my computer just "on the glue" so to speak?

ETA: Also, i couldn't access threads. It just kept on loading...
                            I haven't had any real problems with page loading. It's the same as it always has been for me. I wouldn't say that the pages load with lightening quick speed but I'm not going and fixing a quick bite to eat while I wait for a page to load. Basically, it's always run at about the same speed it always has classic skin or new.

EDIT:
                            I guess I spoke too soon. After submitting this post the connection timed out. It looked like it was a google ad that was trying to load and was bogging it down, but I didn't get the address. I actually had to restart my computer to get any web pages to pull up.

However, I don't think the new look is an issue as far as speed. The things that seem to cause the bog downs are some of the ads and threads I open where there is a lot of bandwidth being required to load the page.
                            Last edited by CalmStorm; 02 April 2007, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Me, personally, things seem to load ... faster.

I think.

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by CalmStorm View Post
                                I haven't had any real problems with page loading. It's the same as it always has been for me. I wouldn't say that the pages load with lightening quick speed but I'm not going and fixing a quick bite to eat while I wait for a page to load. Basically, it's always run at about the same speed it always has classic skin or new.

EDIT:
                                I guess I spoke too soon. After submitting this post the connection timed out. It looked like it was a google ad that was trying to load and was bogging it down, but I didn't get the address. I actually had to restart my computer to get any web pages to pull up.

However, I don't think the new look is an issue as far as speed. The things that seem to cause the bog downs are some of the ads and threads I open where there is a lot of bandwidth being required to load the page.
                                Yeah, it occasionally does the same with this skin as well so i think you're right.

Thanks for the replys!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Working...
                                X