This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
    I have just reached 2000 posts but the perks havent kicked in, does a mod have to enable them?
    no it might take a while the forum it's self goes throught a self updating process...accrding to darren.

just go to avatars and scroll down and you should see a options to upload a custom.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

With the ending of SG1, what will happen to the sg1 forums here??

Comment

theres still SGA and the moveis

Comment

yeah didnt you hear, they are renaming this site

Eurekaworld.com after that scifi show, man where you been?
          LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
            (Having cookies turned off on your computer wouldn't do that, would it? I know my husband was messing with that a few days ago.)
            It was the fuzzy handcuffs website, wasn't it?

Adrianne
            If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
            It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

I have over 800 posts why don't I see the new set of Avatars that we get I have checked several times
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                I have over 800 posts why don't I see the new set of Avatars that we get I have checked several times
                nothing says BONUS Main Characters in the Avatar drop down?
                then give it around 24 hours, sometimes it takes a while for upgrades to be activated.
                sigpic
                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
                  nothing says BONUS Main Characters in the Avatar drop down?
                  then give it around 24 hours, sometimes it takes a while for upgrades to be activated.
                  I think it went up to 1000 a long time ago, I'm afraid. That 800/1800 information is very out of date.
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                    I think it went up to 1000 a long time ago, I'm afraid. That 800/1800 information is very out of date.
                    wow. i completely missed the 800. thanks TJ.
                    sigpic
                    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                      Thanks I had the same issue at 400 that was out of date too Grr Grrr Grrrr
                      sigpic
                      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP View Post
                        Well you're, like, old so

Adrianne
                        PS: I'm teasing. Please don't take Jonno's feet from me!
                        Don't I get a say where my feet are? ...

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                        I clicked that button on both Calmstorm's and Missster.Freeman's posts and neither one of them showed up. They both turned red and then I clicked the "Post Reply" button. I've always done it that way before and it worked out.

Earlier, I clicked the "+ button on Adrianne's post and then just the regular "Quote" button on uknesvuinng's post and that didn't work either. (It just showed ukky's.)

I was going to blame jonno, but, you know, that's been done.

(Having cookies turned off on your computer wouldn't do that, would it? I know my husband was messing with that a few days ago.)
                        It's working fine for me. Doesn't mean it aint my fault, but there you go.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        With the ending of SG1, what will happen to the sg1 forums here??
                        Ultimately it's up to Darren, the owner - he pays the bills that keeps it going. He could pull the plug in the next 30 seconds, and there's nothing we could do.
                        I doubt he will though ... for now, Atlantis and the movie's are still on-going, so there's still new stuff around. As for when they finish ... i suspect this place will hang around a while yet. I mean, just because something's not being made any longer, doesn't mean people don't watch it. It may expand to another show, it may stay as a vague memorial. But the amount of work people like Darren, David and Greg put into it means it's unlikely to die too soon

*Screen goes blank*

Oh Co...
                        I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by jonno View Post
                          Don't I get a say where my feet are? ...
                          No.

Can you believe that I had it implied that I, little ol' innocent me, was a tease! Of all the people to suggest as a tease, me! Some so pure of heart and soul

Lent is over in two weeks. It was a great 40 days. I think your bruises have healed and the calluses have softened ...

Yeah, I don't know why anyone would suggest that I'm a tease!

Adrianne
                          If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                          It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by fatalpanther View Post
                            Can someone direct me to the Stargate Convention for Vancouver 2007.
                            Sure! You start in Seattle and take the I-5 North to the border where the I-5 becomes Provincial Route 99 North...

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
                              can't you just stop honoring requests that are posted in this thread? or is that too mean?
                              Can you imagine the screaming and ranting and general hissy fitting that would result if they tried that? Even if they replied saying "If you want us to fix something, report the post instead" it still wouldn't work and folks would get all bent out of shape that the mods were "ignoring" them when they were being perfectly polite and asking so nicely and why were the mods taking it out on THEM when it wasn't THEIR fault that they didn't know requests were supposed to be made via the report post feature? And since they (the poor wee fan) had gone through the trouble of asking for something so nicely the least they (the meany-head mods) could do is fix whatever the issue was THIS time and then NEXT time of course the innocent ickle fan would remember to do it right.

Oh yeah, and let's not miss the ones who would somehow fail to see any mod posts about "report requests" and would post again wanting to know why the mods hadn't immediately jumped in to help merge a thread or change a title or whatever. So then they'd ask what was wrong with the mods AND they'd make the same request over again. And AGAIN, if necessary, getting snitty about mods who OBVIOUSLY aren't paying attention, blah blah blah...
                              Last edited by ShadowMaat; 23 March 2007, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Let them complain, I say. The mods have posted special bulletins in yellow above all the forums before, they can do it again. Those who don't read it and complains about being ignored can go suck eggs.

Hmm...that sounded so much more polite in my head.

Comment

Working...
                                X