This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    So that means that it should be currently disregarded? I thought not.
    Well you're, like, old so

Adrianne
    PS: I'm teasing. Please don't take Jonno's feet from me!
    If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
    It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

So that means that it should be currently disregarded? I thought not.
      since Darren's post was written a year later, when the tags in question were in use, and confronts the topic in question, (not to mention penned by the head honcho)...yes.

am i the only one who took this:
      "The sig as it is displayed by default (the compressed spoiler tag) must be 200 pixels tall or shorter."
      to mean that one's sig could be over 200 pixels when the spoiler tag is expanded? that's what it says, right? when it's compressed (distinction stated), it should be 200 or under, so when it's expanded, reason would dictate it could be over that limit. Nola, seriously, what did i miss?
      sigpic
      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Simple courtesy? All those images under the spoiler tags have to upload (even for folks on dialup) whether they're clicked on or not.

What are the Signature rules?
        1. Remember that the forum is rated PG. Do not include inappropriate (or borderline) images or links in your signature.

2. If you use an image in your signature, it must reside on a server somewhere on the Internet -- and you must have permission to use it.

3. The total file size of all images in your signature may not exceed 50KB.

4. Your signature's width must not be so wide that it stretches beyond the forum template -- about 700 pixels is the maximum width. It also may not be more than about 200 pixels (two inches) tall, in total. Remember, less is more! Your signature shouldn't dominate your post.

5. You MAY use the [spoiler] tag to hide additional contents in your signature. If you do so it may exceed the 200 pixel height limit only when a user clicks the "Spoilers" reveal button. It may NOT exceed the width or kilobyte limit above.

Virtually every clickable spoiler tag I've seen certainly exceeds the 50K limit. Something to consider.
        sigpic

Comment

Simple courtesy? All those images under the spoiler tags have to upload (even for folks on dialup) whether they're clicked on or not.

What are the Signature rules?
          1. Remember that the forum is rated PG. Do not include inappropriate (or borderline) images or links in your signature.

2. If you use an image in your signature, it must reside on a server somewhere on the Internet -- and you must have permission to use it.

3. The total file size of all images in your signature may not exceed 50KB.

4. Your signature's width must not be so wide that it stretches beyond the forum template -- about 700 pixels is the maximum width. It also may not be more than about 200 pixels (two inches) tall, in total. Remember, less is more! Your signature shouldn't dominate your post.

5. You MAY use the [spoiler] tag to hide additional contents in your signature. If you do so it may exceed the 200 pixel height limit only when a user clicks the "Spoilers" reveal button. It may NOT exceed the width or kilobyte limit above.

Virtually every clickable spoiler tag I've seen certainly exceeds the 50K limit. Something to consider.
          So what you're saying, is that PR is absolutely right, and spoiler tags allow one to exceed the height limit as long as it's still less than 200 pixels when compressed?

Why the hell is everyone arguing?
          Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng View Post
            So what you're saying, is that PR is absolutely right, and spoiler tags allow one to exceed the height limit as long as it's still less than 200 pixels when compressed?

Why the hell is everyone arguing?
            Post count. Shhhh!

Adrianne
            If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.

My LibraryThing.

Comment

AND under 50K for total sig - important distinction
              sigpic

Comment

Who said it could be over the file size limit?
                Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

...one which i made...well before you began questioning me...
                  so...that's good right? we agree?

ukky, you know everything, what the heck is going on?
                  sigpic
                  "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post

Jonno knows everything. Oo, never mind, Jonno is everyone, never mind.

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

I know everything? Damn, I guess I've forgotten most of it and didn't realize it.

I haven't a clue what's going on, thus why I asked. However, I think the answer is that no one knew what was going on.
                      Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

the answer is that no one knew what was going on.
                        ohhhh. well that's boring. i do that all the time. i thought this was more exciting.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes.
                            ...yay!
                            sigpic

Comment

Personally I still think it's asinine to allow ANY exceptions to the sig limit rules. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. It sets a bad precedent and it allows for a lot of obnoxious rule-bending.

There's nothing like clicking on a spoiler tag expecting (gods forbid!) text only to be faced with some stupid-ass "oversize" pic that someone can't bother to shrink down because their ego won't allow it they're afraid the "detail" will be lost.

Rules should be enforced, not amended.

Comment

Hi all. How many Reps do you need to get another Green Box. I have 26??

Thanx

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X