Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, Qasim, or someone good with image tech, how do I make one of those picture changing images like the one of John on the left in Naughtrish's siggy?
    sigpic
    Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp
      Hey, Qasim, or someone good with image tech, how do I make one of those picture changing images like the one of John on the left in Naughtrish's siggy?
      You need an imaging program to make an animated gif.

Comment

Damn....I'm geussing paint wont cut it?
        sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Damn....I'm geussing paint wont cut it?
          Ummmm... No. Paint won't cut it. All paint's good for is drawing lines and typing text. It can't handle image cut-pastes very well. And you can only undo once in paint. In photoshop 9 (which i have) i set the undo level to 300. which means in can undo the last 300 actions i made).

GIMP is free from what i've heard, and it seems to be a pretty decent program. Where to find it, i have no clue.

Comment

this thing? http://www.gimp.org/
            sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Yep
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

now just to figure it out..
                sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Look for the animated gif option
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

If you just want something quick, you can use this site for an animated gif:

http://www.blibs.com/animation-factory/

Just upload as many images as you want, maybe edit and add some effects, and save it to your comp and upload it.
                    gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by gatehorse
                      If you just want something quick, you can use this site for an animated gif:

http://www.blibs.com/animation-factory/

Just upload as many images as you want, maybe edit and add some effects, and save it to your comp and upload it.
                      Cool, thanks

and thank you too Qasim, I dont have time today..but tomorrow or tuesday I will figure it out
                      sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                        Ummmm... No. Paint won't cut it. All paint's good for is drawing lines and typing text. It can't handle image cut-pastes very well. And you can only undo once in paint. In photoshop 9 (which i have) i set the undo level to 300. which means in can undo the last 300 actions i made).

GIMP is free from what i've heard, and it seems to be a pretty decent program. Where to find it, i have no clue.
                        You can undo three times in Paint.
                        gatehorse

Comment

You can undo more than once in paint. You just can't set the number of undos the way you can in PS.
                          Really? How can you change the number of Undos in Paint?

Comment

Really? How can you change the number of Undos in Paint?
                            Sorry, I tested it and went back and edited the post. Look again. And I didn't say you could change the number of undos in Paint. I just said you could undo more than once.
                            gatehorse

Comment

Sorry, I tested it and went back and edited the post. Look again. And I didn't say you could change the number of undos in Paint.
                              oh. I always thought i could only undo once i paint, but i guess i'm mistaken on that assumption.

Comment

oh. I always thought i could only undo once i paint, but i guess i'm mistaken on that assumption.
                                THREE whole times!
                                gatehorse

Comment

Working...
                                X