This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
    I shut down Firefox, then tried again. It seems to be okay now!

*goes to lie down in a darkened room to recover from the trauma*
    Okay, so I'm a little slow on submitting my post. Just ignore my ramblings on theme issues

Comment

Originally posted by CalmStorm View Post
      Are you using any themes, or have you switched themes?

The reason I updated to the newer version of Firefox was because of a theme issue. There were certain features of the previous version that did not work with the theme I had chosen. It was primarily a tab issue. You could open up tabs and see all tabs as you normally would, except for the starting tab. Whenever I opened a new tab, the main page I had at the beginning would not show as a tab and would only re-appear if I closed all other tabs.
      I haven't changed a thing, and it was working okay yesterday. Anyway, all is well now, but thanks for helping.
      sigpic

Comment

Okay, so I'm a little slow on submitting my post. Just ignore my ramblings on theme issues
        But you were doing such a nice job of rambling.
        sigpic

Comment

I just gave it a try and when I clicked on the post number, it opened up in a new tab. I'm using Firefox as well. Just updated Firefox to 2.0.0.1 about a month ago and I have to say I'm lovin' it
          It's called a Forum Default. and it's happening to me, too, and I also use Firefox 2.0.0.1
          sigpic

Comment

Hi!

Okay, here's a newby that's not too scared to ask a question.

The first thing I discovered when I finally came here a few days ago (shame over me) was the merchandising-thread. I liked to read and discuss about the action-figures and also the fandemonium-novels. And I thought I pretty much read everything that is there.

Yet, today when I used the search for "whumping" suddenly a thread about the book "A Matter Of Honour" popped up and I was pretty sure I hadn't read this one yet. I checked - the last entry on this thread was at January 2006.

But at the merchandise corner there are only two pages with threads, and they don't go back that far.

So here's my question: What do I have to do to show ALL threads? I wonder what else I missed? I really like to read older threads in a forum.

Is there any place where older threads that have no new entries are stored? Or has it maybe something to do with the recent changes of the site, as I read somewhere?

Thank you for any help

Greetings from Germany

Astra
            Last edited by GermanAstra; 09 January 2007, 02:02 AM.
            Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Originally posted by GermanAstra View Post
              Hi!

Okay, here's a newby that's not too scared to ask a question.

The first thing I discovered when I finally came here a few days ago (shame over me) was the merchandising-thread. I liked to read and discuss about the action-figures and also the fandemonium-novels. And I thought I pretty much read everything that is there.

Yet, today when I used the search for "whumping" suddenly a thread about the book "A Matter Of Honour" popped up and I was pretty sure I hadn't read this one yet. I checked - the last entry on this thread was at January 2006.

But at the merchandise corner there are only two pages with threads, and they don't go back that far.

So here's my question: What do I have to do to show ALL threads? I wonder what else I missed? I really like to read older threads in a forum.

Is there any place where older threads that have no new entries are stored? Or has it maybe something to do with the recent changes of the site, as I read somewhere?

Thank you for any help

Greetings from Germany

Astra
              If you go into any forum - e.g. the Merchandise forum - main page (where are the threads are listed) and scroll right down to the bottom of the page, you will see a box called Display Options where you can change the settings to show older threads. The forum defaults to show threads from just the last 2 weeks but you can change it in display options to show anything up to all threads ever made!

Or you can use the search function, as you did, if you are looking for a particular subject of thread..
              sigpic

Comment

Ah, I see, thank you!

Of course I could have figured out this by myself if I had looked more thoroughly but it's always easier asking questions than looking for yourself, isn't it?

Oh, so much more to explore... thank you, but I have to go now.

Comment

Ah, I see, thank you!

Of course I could have figured out this by myself if I had looked more thoroughly but it's always easier asking questions than looking for yourself, isn't it?

Oh, so much more to explore... thank you, but I have to go now.
                  Hey, asking stuff like that is what this thread is for! You can spend months and never stumble across things like that... I'd been on here for about 8-9 months before I realised that there is a function to jump straight to the first unread post in a thread!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith View Post
                    When quoting posts, everything in the original post should show up, image tags and everything. When you're viewing the post you won't see the actual tags to make the picture appear. If the image in the quoted post shows up, then everything is working just fine. There is no need to "physically see" the actual image tags to make an image appear. In fact, when you use the image tags properly, expect NOT to see them. It makes the post look neat and clean. It would look rather cluttered to see [img] and [/img] before and after every single image that was posted in the forum. The URL tags work in a similar manner. You won't physically see the tags, but you know they're working when you click the link and it takes you to a working webpage.

Hopefully that will help you out some more.

If not, it could be browser issues or anything in between.
                    Got it, TechnoWraith. Seeing the picture means the link works. And it is neater w/o tags. But...

Originally posted by b
                    ParadoxRealities[/b]] i think i know what’s going on. but i'm probably wrong, so read at your own risk.

you're saying that when you quote a message and look at in the editor box ("Reply to Thread"), you see the picture--as in pretty colors--not the URL with [IMG][/IMG] tags around it. right?
                    Right -

if so:
                    It probably means you're in the wrong editor mode. what you're in is called "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing" (What You See Is What You Get).
                    what you want to be in is "Standard Editor - Extra Formatting Controls"

to switch to this editor either: click the A/A button in the upper-right hand corner of your "Reply to Thread" box (what i'm writing this message in right now)
                    <<<
                    this should let you see the URL of the image with the tags. then, just delete the tags and let the URL appear as a link. ie: [img]coolpics.com/wowthatsneat.jpg[/img]
                    And D'OH! That worked. I tested it with a really hot picture of RDA and after drooling over it a few minutes...Oh, wait. Ok, then I pressed that mystery symbol in said corner and poof, the link w/tags! So fast it scared me. Further proof: it worked in both browers.

Just sayin, thank you, TechnoWraith for your patient technical assistance. Thank you, ParadoxRealities for your neat wrap of the problem. Now I can go back to drooling, um, posting replies to my fave pictures w/o breaking the Board regs. You rock!

(NOTE TechnoWraith, I can't green you again! Bah, but I mean to! Thanks, again!)
                    Last edited by Traveler Enroute1; 10 January 2007, 06:16 PM.
                    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                    sigpic
                    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                      You can spend months and never stumble across things like that... I'd been on here for about 8-9 months before I realised that there is a function to jump straight to the first unread post in a thread!
                      You mean the arrow? Why didn't you ask me?

But now I really do have a tricky question. I know to navigate my way through the galaxy... err, I mean, I know how to handle spoilers and quote, but what is the difference with multiquote? I never was in a forum that had this before, and the window looks the same to me actually.

Comment

But now I really do have a tricky question. I know to navigate my way through the galaxy... err, I mean, I know how to handle spoilers and quote, but what is the difference with multiquote? I never was in a forum that had this before, and the window looks the same to me actually.
                        Multiple quote is a BEAUTIFUL thing! You can even Multi-quote BETWEEN threads! Oo it's BEAUTIFUL!

Uh ... I'm not much help beyond that ... It took me a few ... it took me awhile to figure it out and I still don't use it as much as I should.

Adrianne
                        If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                        It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Multiquote allows you to quote several posters in one post. By clicking the multiquote icon, it "saves" that post as one you want to quote. If there are several posts in a thread that you want to respond to, you click the multiquote icon on each post you want to quote and it will turn it orange. When you are ready to post, click post reply as you would if you were not quoting a post. By doing this, it will include all posts you selected using the multiquote icon and place them in the single post.

It does work across different threads as well. Basically, anytime you hit the multiquote icon, it saves that post to be automatically included the next time you click the "post reply" button and includes it wherever you are.

Comment

You can also click on just "quote" ... Like, the one, two, forty posts that relate to the one you're technically replying to ... If that makes any sense.

I've had a hard thinking day.

Adrianne
                            If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                            It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

CalmStorm, thank you for the explanation! Actually, if I want to quote more than one person I'm used to open a new window and then copy the quote-thing to the reply-window. So, same technique, I think

Cool!

I somehow thought that it would be for helping you if you want to quote a long post and write your answer in between. So I thought it would include a [/quote] after every sentence. Obviously I do have to copy that myself further.

Originally posted by AdrianneP View Post
                              You can also click on just "quote" ... Like, the one, two, forty posts that relate to the one you're technically replying to ... If that makes any sense.
                              No, not really, sorry!
                              Last edited by GermanAstra; 12 January 2007, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Wow, didn't know multiquote works across threads... really cool to know!

I have a question... the way the reputation thing is set up now, is there still a way to get/give neutral (i.e. gray) rep points? When I click on the little scale, there's an option for "approve" and "disapprove" which I thought was only green and red. I noticed someone had just given me a gray rep point and I'm just wondering how they were able to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X