Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it means that they will not answer your PM's or even recieve them.....you must be on that person's ignore list
    sigpic
    Spoiler:
    President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
    President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
    Forum Charmer
    Forum Ambassador
    Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

*sigh* If I knew why they gave it I wouldn't mind as much... but I was accused of posting something profane... I would really like to know what they're talking about, I don't want to offend anybody.

If I'm on ignore, does that mean that person can't read any of my posts, or just PMs?
      Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

I think they can read posts, just not PMs no.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:
        Forum Charmer
        Forum Ambassador
        Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel View Post

If I'm on ignore, does that mean that person can't read any of my posts, or just PMs?
          Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
          I think they can read posts, just not PMs no.
          If a poster has you on ignore, then they cannot read your posts while logged-in. That is the purpose of the ignore feature. The system blocks out posts from posters you want to ignore.

As far as PMs, I am uncertain as to what affect the ignore function has. I would imagine that it also blocks receipts of PMs from the poster placed on ignore.

However, just because a poster has not responded to your PM(s) or responded to your posts does not mean that they have taken the actual act of placing you on ignore. It could mean that they simply choose to not respond.

Comment

I agree with Calmstorm
            sigpic
            Spoiler:
            Forum Charmer
            Forum Ambassador
            Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
              If you are on ignore, take it as a compliment.....people who usually (but NOT always) use ignore because they don'
              t like reading all the rotten things written about them. Most mature people, just don't read posts written by people with personality disorders.
              That's a fair load of rubbish. It's complete personal choice as to whether you want to read stuff or not.

Personally, I don't use the ignore feature. Then again, i don't get a lot of abuse ... i can well understand where people who are here to have fun may wish not to have to read the rubbish thrown their way constantly by other people. If you only ever get abuse from a particular poster, why does it make you immature to stop reading their posts. If you know they never write anything other than rubbish ... and inflammatary rubbish, why bother reading any of it?

So, in conclusion - whether or not you use your ignore list bears no resemblance to the quality and maturity of your posts. It's personal choice. Some do - some don't.
              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

If you are on ignore, take it as a compliment.....people who usually (but NOT always) use ignore because they don'
                t like reading all the rotten things written about them. Most mature people, just don't read posts written by people with personality disorders.
                I should inform you I also read this thread and wish you would leave your personal vendetta out of it as well. We all get the idea that you think your a superior and better person than the one who has had you on ignore for quite literally years. I don't care to hear about it, and I'm sure no one else does either. And no one who uses the ignore system cares to hear you imply that anyone who uses it is immature. Mature people would accept the fact they got ignored and drop the whole damn issue. Crap happens. Maturity comes from learning to move on. So take that cross you're carrying, build a bridge, and get over it.

Now, I'm done here. Whine all you want and respond with whatever conspiracy of which you've convinced yourself so you don't have to think about the fact that what I'm saying is true, although I'd really love to be surprised and see you learn something from this and adjust your behavior.
                Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Thanks, everybody.

sigpic

Comment

I would just like to add that the ignore function isn't necessarily a feature that's petty and childish. It's all in how you use it. Ostensibly it's a tool that can be used to make your forum visits more pleasant and a way to avoid conflict. If you have a person with whom you are always clashing and don't want to be drawn in to discussions that could turn in to harsh posts that may end up breaking forum rules and get you moderated then using the ignore function is a very sensible choice.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
                      I would just like to add that the ignore function isn't necessarily a feature that's petty and childish. It's all in how you use it. Ostensibly it's a tool that can be used to make your forum visits more pleasant and a way to avoid conflict. If you have a person with whom you are always clashing and don't want to be drawn in to discussions that could turn in to harsh posts that may end up breaking forum rules and get you moderated then using the ignore function is a very sensible choice.
                      and you can't ignore the mods ........which is a good thing

Comment

And red dinging makes YOU mature???? ROFL

Come on, who are YOU really????? You are so transparent!
                        No wonder you got ignored.

Grow up.
                        Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

And red dinging makes YOU mature???? ROFL
                          Personally, I found nothing funny about jonno's post. Seemed to be a good response to the issue of the ignore function. However, we each have our own quirky sense of humor I suppose. I prefer sarcasm and those with dry wit

As far as red dinging and maturity, I guess the answer to that is what the negative rep was given for and the comment that came with it as to the level of maturity associated with it.

Come on, who are YOU really????? You are so transparent!
                          Every poster is as transparent as those on the other side of the monitor interpreting their posts. I thought his was well thought out and articulated.

Comment

Me thinks there's more happening here than meets the eye; it's best if we leave them to it.

Comment

Me thinks what you thinks is probably correct...

And Adrianne, to answer your question a little better than "I have no idea", I've figured that the person who reded me only did it because they don't like me, not because what I posted really was insulting. I'm not going to get into why they don't like me (especially not here), only that it has to do with a difference of opinion concerning a certain aspect of SG-1.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel View Post
                                Me thinks what you thinks is probably correct...

And Adrianne, to answer your question a little better than "I have no idea", I've figured that the person who reded me only did it because they don't like me, not because what I posted really was insulting. I'm not going to get into why they don't like me (especially not here), only that it has to do with a difference of opinion concerning a certain aspect of SG-1.
                                Sounds like a standard redding reason. Fortunately the rep system is pretty meaningless, and has no actual effect on your ability to participate in the forum. However, a good green rep message can make the experience a little nicer.
                                Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Working...
                                X