This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i understand.

but if we keep the wow thread name, how will the appreciation folks feel?
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      ok, guys, what is the concensus on the Weir/Torri Gumbo Room?
      It's a toss up for me between that and the 'Torri/Weir Central' suggestion. However, I think newer posters might be slightly confused by the 'Gumbo' part.

Comment

Exactly, Sky. I like the idea of Gumbo Room, it's quite fun. Actually, seeing as it's a reference to her cat, it's not that obsessive. Alternatively, we could name it after Sedgie instead.

I mean we all love Sedge, the REAL star of episodes like Home! So how about using Sedgie, who we all love (I believe some members are running the "Sedge for Atlantis 2006" campaign). It's still a reference to one of her beloved pets and something Torri-esque, but it's less "personal" than Gumbo.

Alternatively, how about something with "Coexist" in the title, named after the famous t-shirts Torri wears, and the ambience we want to promote in the thread (although, current feedback says Sedge is the more popular option)

Originally posted by Skydiver
        If i posted 'gad, you know, i really don't like amanda's hair this season' and then tracy (picking on you ) pm'd me and said 'how dare you say that? you know that amanda might come here and read that?????' Tracy is wrong. I have a right to express my opinion.
        Sky, what have I told you about airing our dirty laundry in public!! You've exposed me as the Samandan thread police now!
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          Alternatively, how about something with "Coexist" in the title, named after the famous t-shirts Torri wears, and the ambience we want to promote in the thread (although, current feedback says Sedge is the more popular option)
          Coexist sounds personal, but not too much (which is why Gumbo makes me a bit uncomfortable, it's her user name), it's good. I'd vote for the Torri/Weir Central one, sounds like we are going to team up to solve crimes, lol, cool.

Comment

I like Torri/Weir Central too. It's easy for anyone who hasn't been hanging around that long to understand what it is from the title. Sweet and simple.
            xoxo
            Geeky Dollie

http://www.lizziewear.ca ~*~ UPDATED: July 1, 2006

Comment

Okay... I don't post as much anymore as I did a few month ago... 2 jobs plus studying keeps me buisy... so selfishly seen the solution to put Weir/Torri Appreciation/wow together works just fine for me, cuz it's really difficult to have the overview above 3 threads if you can't come online every day and be online for 3 hours a day so: I don't even have time to post in my second favourite area-thread

Name picking:

I would vote for "Torri/Elizabeth Central"
              Elizabeth bc it's appreciation...Weir is fine with discussing but appreciation/wow should be Elizabeth then
              And Central mainly because the new users... 1st, they should look at the thread and don't think "WTF? what is this" but better feel adressed cuz the newbies maybe don't know what Gumbo-means , 2nd... it would only mean that we would have to answer every new users question what Gumbo means so as much as I like this name

Well I didn't know about those bad PM's... and to be honest I also felt a little strange and accused bc everyone was telling the old posters in General weren't tolerant enough...but I can honestly say, that I didn't even thing about writing PM's to people about "negative opinions aren't welcome"...but now that I heard that PM's were sent, I guess I can more understand why people felt unwelcome. I think if there's something like that it may should be discussed openly...at least I used to make it that way

Comment

I'm for Torri/Weir Central.

I agree with Dorka. The Gumbo bit may be perfectly obvious to us, but confusing for new members. You can still put it in the name of the thread, but be prepared to keep telling people what it means. Those of us who go to Sparky thread should know what I'm on about.

Comment

Originally posted by gooner_diva
                  I'm for Torri/Weir Central.

I agree with Dorka. The Gumbo bit may be perfectly obvious to us, but confusing for new members. You can still put it in the name of the thread, but be prepared to keep telling people what it means. Those of us who go to Sparky thread should know what I'm on about.

Gumbo's like an in joke for us. There were quite a few of us who knew it was in reference to Torri's cat, but lots of people didn't. Anyone who doesn't know about her pets wouldn't have a clue what the Gumbo reference was related to. I'm with you on Torri/Weir Central!

Comment

I like the Gumbo Room, it's a really cute idea, but in the end I gotta agree on Torri/Weir Central. Like they say, it really is easier for new folks to recognize what the thread is, rather than a "...WTF?" response.
                    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

I like Torri/Weir Gumbo Room, but that could be confusing for newbies, so maybe Torri/Weir Central idea would be better.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                        Gumbo's like an in joke for us. There were quite a few of us who knew it was in reference to Torri's cat, but lots of people didn't. Anyone who doesn't know about her pets wouldn't have a clue what the Gumbo reference was related to. I'm with you on Torri/Weir Central!
                        Gumbo is a food dish, so yes, sh ould be named something that isn't so 'in'... bynaming it something, well, normal (for lack of a better word), any new visitors to the thread will feel more welcomed.

Comment

ok, if you guys notced the threads going wiggy about 1215 today, they were merged and re-named.

TOrri/Weir central is now open for business

sigpic

Comment

Umm so just to be clear, the appreciation thread has become Torri/Weir central, and the wow thread has become part of it as well?
                            Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

yes. appreciation and wow have been merged into torri/weir central

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X