Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't need HTML code, but the 'IMG code'. It should look kinda like this, without the spaces

[ IMG]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh314/jasminaGo/photoshop/6998bafa.jpg[/IMG ]

Just copy your code directly into the sig box.
    sigpic

Comment

When you upload a pic to an image hosting site it should give some coding for forum posting after that pic has been uploaded to the site. For example my Image shack account, me the HTML coding, forum coding, IM coding, and just the hyperlink by itself.

EDIT:jas beat me too it
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

My thanks to you both!
        (I figured out what I was doing wrong. I had to delete the Sigpic tags in the box...)

Comment

this ok?
          sigpic
          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
          ~David Hewlett

Comment

According to my computer your sig is 700 by 200 pixels and contains 32 KB. Which if I recall the sig rules correctly it is within the sig limits
            Jelgate is right

Comment

thanks
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

can i say i only know the sig rules vaguely? i know a sig cant stretch the page or be over 50KB. the rest i take on common sense. IE the content of the sig
                sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

the entire content of the signature also can't exceed 200X700 pixels. That means all pictures, banners, text and anything else used as part of your signature must fit in that area
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I've always wanted clarification on spoiler tags in sigs because I opened one and the entire signature fitted into an area of about 20000x700 pixels.

My eyesight is okay, thank you very much!
                    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

LOL...we tend to go easier on what is under tags BUT they need to remember the 50KB rule applies regardless if it under a spoiler tag or not
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Heh. Seems a bit of a cheeky way to get around the sig rules, but that's a fair enough ruling.

Thanks!
                        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I noticed the other day that when you go to edit your sig, it says it can't be bigger than 180x700. Is that the image, or the whole space? And if it's the image, does that mean we have to resize, even if it doesn't make the whole space too big?

And on that subject, is mine within guidelines? I don't think I've changed it since the last time I asked (and a mod then said it was fine) but IIRC that was before I noticed the 180x700 thing on the edit sig page. Also, I just checked, and I'm pretty sure some of mine are actually like 200x600 or 200x620. All of them are smaller than 200x700 though, and the only other thing in my space is the spoiler...
                          Last edited by TrueRomantic; 30 January 2009, 01:20 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

The whole thing. The exceception is if you put some stuff in spoiler tags. Your sig pic above the spoiler tahs meets the pixel rule but its way over the KB rule. I read it as 277 KB when 50 KB is the max

EDIT: Ignore what I said. Its different when a person has sigs that are on a image rotating site. Take all you sig pics if you have then saved on you hard drive. Use a photo edit progarm and check the properties. This should tell you the KB space
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              The whole thing. The exceception is if you put some stuff in spoiler tags. Your sig pic above the spoiler tahs meets the pixel rule but its way over the KB rule. I read it as 277 KB when 50 KB is the max

EDIT: Ignore what I said. Its different when a person has sigs that are on a image rotating site. Take all you sig pics if you have then saved on you hard drive. Use a photo edit progarm and check the properties. This should tell you the KB space
                              I'll ignore what you said, lol. Actually, it's not the KB size that I'm worried about. When I make them, I make sure they're under 50KB. So KB is fine on all of them. It's the 180x700 vs 200x700 that confuses me. And actually, it's not just me. We were discussing it a few days/weeks ago on the S/J Ship Family Art thread, and IIRC we never came to a concrete conclusion.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                                the entire content of the signature also can't exceed 200X700 pixels. That means all pictures, banners, text and anything else used as part of your signature must fit in that area
                                Wouldn't Xx735 also fit without stretching?
                                sigpic
                                ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
                                X