Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was just down again for about 15 minutes, so I'd say.... no.

Would have been nice, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      Thanks for posting that error message.Passed it on to Darren/Greg to take a look!

Still struggling to get past the "Server is too busy..." message.It cut in when I last logged out and took hours to let me back in.Highly suspect we're probably all hitting that and other errors.
      Just had the same troubles trying to post a video clip in one of the threads. What gives?!
      Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
      (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Should we be preparing a Gateworld memorial service? Cause if this is it... I want to know.

Edit: no error!
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Greg is aware of some ongoing server error and access issues with the forum, but TBH I've had problems reproducing errors on my end. For the last week+ every time I visit the forum loads, and posting seems to work as normal.

If folks are still having consistent issues browsing, logging in, posting, etc. please e-mail me a screencap or two at: [email protected]. I'll pass them on to Greg and see if we can finally get it sorted! Sorry for the hassle.

~Darren

Comment

I just sent an email to the address listed above. The site was down, for a very brief period. As I stated in the email, this is not a "consistent" problem. It comes and goes, which makes for difficult debugging I know.

Comment

In my case there is not much to screen cap at all, I just keep getting the "server too busy" error again and again

Comment

My adblock tells me it has blocked 50+ elements on any given page -- even when the page shows only the dreaded "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later." and the word "Forum" is missing from the tab-title.

Now, I turned off my ad-block and refreshed the page. Still got the "server is too busy"-message but I also got one ad in overlay at the bottom of the page.

I'm also getting a pop-up with the server is too busy so I'm hoping this goes through...

Anywho... I should also mention that I have no exceptions as far as ad-blocking goes on Gateworld. However, there's always one at the top of the page coming through.

Could this be an ad-problem? And not so much a forum-problem, I wonder?

Comment

It's happening right now. I can't stay on for a full minute before "server is too busy". Are you guys getting DDOS'd or something?

sigpic
                  Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
                    It's happening right now. I can't stay on for a full minute before "server is too busy". Are you guys getting DDOS'd or something?
                    Mmm... didn't think of that. Excellent thinking.

I just went from Message Center to this thread and got a server is busy, then immediately refreshed and poof there was this page.

And before I can hit "post reply", I'm served with a pop-up error saying ... you guessed it... server is busy...

Added bonus error pop-up:
                    Error while saving content: %1$s

Error information: " 200 parsererror SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

Comment

I might be dreaming but I just hop-skipped through several threads and didn't encounter a single error or "server busy" message.

Not. A. Single. One!

Comment

Hate to burst your bubble, but this is still happening. It was working for me for a few minutes, then went down, then came back up again. I sent another email with a screen print.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          Hate to burst your bubble, but this is still happening. It was working for me for a few minutes, then went down, then came back up again. I sent another email with a screen print.
                          Boo!

Though, it's true... was out for me yesterday... but here I am now. Working again -- err... the forum, I mean.

Comment

It's been working off and on for me also.

Comment

Sometimes it just says the forum is too busy, sometimes it lets me login & read a new post, then when I back out to the main menu it tells me the Forum is too busy & come back later.
                              Sometimes refreshing the forum will fix it, sometimes it won't.
                              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

It's the same for me.
                                Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
                                Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

Working...
                                X