Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they need to drink less fizzy and quit partying around while we wait for the forums and sites to come back online.
    *Feeds the server hamsters some boring but healthy treats*
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Can't go wrong with sugar!
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The thread for Gateworld forum software was closed so if you don't mind I will askmit here.

Why do I get notifications of threads if I turned off everything in my notification settings? It is not the end of the world as I am not that active here anymore just I don't get it what I am doing wrong.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Can't go wrong with sugar!
          Maybe I fed them too much,but so far so good!

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            The thread for Gateworld forum software was closed so if you don't mind I will askmit here.

Why do I get notifications of threads if I turned off everything in my notification settings? It is not the end of the world as I am not that active here anymore just I don't get it what I am doing wrong.
            Hi Platschu!
            Are you still subscribed to sections (ie Stargate General Discussion,SGA Gen Disc) or to any threads?
            You might have a setting clash if you subbed with e-mails to any of those.

Comment

Thanks for the help.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Y'welcome!

Comment

Since monday evening my time the forum had been showing nearly constantly "The server is too busy, please try again later" only once on tuesday evening was I briefly abel to get on here. Now seems that has been fixed ?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                  "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                  "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Hopefully all fixed now,but that seems to be at the whim of the server loads!

Comment

Does Baggie have a twitter ? Its normally the fastest way to get hold of me

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Yes I do.
                        Only rarely have I used it for GW,and I'm still really not sure I have the knack of sending DMs out over there.

I'll send you a Pm with the username etc.

Comment

Looks like Greg has finally located Orin's toaster and fixed the problem.... (now I sincerely hope he had a spare in the basement... a toaster, not a gate)
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Looks like Greg has finally located Orin's toaster and fixed the problem.... (now I sincerely hope he had a spare in the basement... a toaster, not a gate)
                            It's still going down for a few minutes at a time. It was just down a couple of minutes ago. At least now it comes back up within a few minutes. That's better than it was.

Comment

And to prove my point... Right after I posted that, I refreshed and the site was down ("server is busy"). But now 5 minutes later it's back.

Just FYI.

Comment

Yep, lots of database work today! All done now though.

Comment

Working...
                                X