X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
    It does not answer the question...
    Neither can the server cause this is what a 500 server error means:
    The 500 Internal Server Error is a very general HTTP status code that means something has gone wrong on the web site's server but the server could not be more specific on what the exact problem is.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Probably shouldn't have made too fun about it cause I was served with a 500 error just now. However, did a quick google search and it turns out it's a VBulletin thing:
      https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...ng-content-1-s

Comment

Hi Falcon, thank you for your reply. Well you had the choice of making fun of it, or bursting into tears over it. I think you made the right choice.
        http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Okay, this is just the weirdest thing...

I've been subscribed to the John/Elizabeth thread for ages, yet notifications for new posts no longer show up in my subscription list. Newer threads like the Timekeepers ones do show.

The 500 error jumps into view when I post a reply, or edit or delete, in the John/Elizabeth thread and other "older" threads, but not in the newer ones... like created just this week.

Edit: Never mind, not in this one either. So it has nothing to do with old and new.

Comment

I gather nobody has found a fix for this '500 error', but has anybody worked out why it is happening?

​ ​

Comment

I gather nobody has found a fix for this '500 error', but has anybody worked out why it is happening?
              Greg is going to have to look in the Logs to see what is throwing the exception errors, and I know it's the holidays and other stuff is happening but I'm already past the point of finding it annoying. It's bloody jarring and if this continues much longer, I don't know what will happen but it ain't anything good.

EDIT: WAIT!! I just posted without throwing an exception.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                EDIT: WAIT!! I just posted without throwing an exception.
                Nevermind the error was back in the Sparky thread.

Comment

Trouble with intermittant server errors is that they're hard to predict and then pin down.Greg's been trying to fix all this for some time.It then repeats...over and over .
                  I'll ping Darren and see if he got my previous mails.Chances are he did but he's moved house recently and that's always problematic!

Sorry you guys are having all this hassle with the error,albums etc.It's been affecting me too so I know how it feels.
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Thank you for your answer Baggy, I was hoping you were going to say you (The Mods/Admins) had found the problem & it would be fixed as soon as Greg/Darren found the time.
                    However, it is encouraging to know you (mods/admin) are working on it.

​ ​

Comment

If Greg needs a laugh in all this trouble, I reccommend googling the 5 stages of debugging.

Thanks for the update! We'll soldier on.

Say, when do the green... oh wait, no... can't do that anymore with the Like replacing that feature. Nevermind.

Will there be a holiday greetings thread instead?

Comment

Thank you for your answer Baggy, I was hoping you were going to say you (The Mods/Admins) had found the problem & it would be fixed as soon as Greg/Darren found the time.
                        However, it is encouraging to know you (mods/admin) are working on it.
                        Thank you for your patience!
                        Hopefully Greg and Darren will find a fix soon.VBulletin permitting....

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          If Greg needs a laugh in all this trouble, I reccommend googling the 5 stages of debugging.

Thanks for the update! We'll soldier on.

Say, when do the green... oh wait, no... can't do that anymore with the Like replacing that feature. Nevermind.

Will there be a holiday greetings thread instead?
                          I googled it and had a good laugh.

Yeah no Green or Seasons Greening possible now.Pity!

All we get is an e mail saying "X liked your post".nice and probably fairer and more egalitarian ,but leaves me wondering why the titles still show up.

Anyway,my mutterings aside...do you want to start a Holidays thread or would you prefer me to set one up?

Edit: no error codes today...yet.

Comment

QU9MJbTm.jpg So far so good

​ ​

Comment

Ben still insists its not his fault....

Oh good no error here...

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I'm seeing previously missing subscription notifications again.

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                                ..do you want to start a Holidays thread or would you prefer me to set one up?
                                I think a mod starting looks better.

Comment

Working...
                                X