Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if I should ask this here, so correct me if I'm wrong.
    Here goes:

I added a post yesterday to a thread, and because I don't have a lot of posts here, I'm still under admin moderation :-)

However, I saw that my last post isn't approved a day later. Is there actually a way on this forum to see your submitted but pending posts and their status, or do you get a message if it's been rejected, or ...? :-)

Thanks admins for the help!

Comment

Hi!
      Once posts go into the moderation queue you won't see it again till it's cleared,and there are no system messages available as yet to track or inform you of the status of the moderated or deleted posts.

I'll contact you via private message once I've found the post.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Hi Mods. Is there any update on when we'll get rid of the whiteness of the forum posts and reply boxes? I find it very hard on the eyes. I appreciate Darren will be busy sorting out various bugs etc. but I just hope he hasn't forgotten about it.
        sigpic

Comment

Hi Bev!
          He hasn't forgotten,and there are several other templates and customisations on his list as "to-do" when he gets time.
          He'd already reset the background in posts/replies to a pale grey,but you're seeing it all as plain white?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Hi Bev!
            He hasn't forgotten,and there are several other templates and customisations on his list as "to-do" when he gets time.
            He'd already reset the background in posts/replies to a pale grey,but you're seeing it all as plain white?
            Hi Baggie, I see grey on the left where our info and avatars etc. are. I also see grey in reply boxes when they're quoted, and there's some grey surrounding the reply boxes etc., but basically the posts and most of the forum are still blindingly white.

My eyes! My eyes!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
              Hi Baggie, I see grey on the left where our info and avatars etc. are. I also see grey in reply boxes when they're quoted, and there's some grey surrounding the reply boxes etc., but basically the posts and most of the forum are still blindingly white.

My eyes! My eyes!
              Same here

It's quite alright if I only want to take a short read but If I am browsing longer, it is a bit eye-hurting

Comment

Ok,Bev and Az'ryel.Consider it a known issue.

We'll have to see what Darren can come up with!

*passes over tinted glasses to protect your eyes*

Comment

Dark blue, maybe with the text in a blue like the edges here? would sure look spacey

*takes glasses* Thank you

Comment

Like I said: we'll see what Darren comes up with.

In the meantime,though the glasses are handy,you *may* be able to alter the brightness of your screens temporarily,though Windows 7,8,10 etc all have different controls and options to achieve that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      I can see the grey quite clearly.

It also depends on the brightness/contrast of computer screens, and knowing that most screens simply aren't calibrated correctly, you just need to fiddle with the B&C a little.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I can see the grey quite clearly.

It also depends on the brightness/contrast of computer screens, and knowing that most screens simply aren't calibrated correctly, you just need to fiddle with the B&C a little.
                        My computer screen is perfectly good for all other web sites, and was just fine for Gateworld until the upgrade. I'm not going to change anything.
                        sigpic

Comment

Alright team -- the post background colors should be reset to the same shades of grey and off-white that they were on the forum previously.

Let me know if any still need de-whitening!

~Darren

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Nice work...

Comment

Much better on the eyes. Thank you.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X