This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Thanks for the feedback everyone.All forwarded to Darren.

I can't give you a definite answer yet on things like the avatar sizings and display,and the post background colours.I'd guess that some customisable features aren't finished yet,or vb defaults have cut in.
    BAGGIE!! *snuggles up with*

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
      I hope we can indeed get another background color, because the white is rather hard for the eyes.
      I agree.
      sigpic

Comment

Yes it is a bit bright, but else I like the new look

Comment

so does this mean that we can customize our avatars now?

Comment

Not unless it's already an option in your controls.

There'll be news soon about avs etc.A little more testing needed first!
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Thank you!
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Falcon and Britta: you asked about the sizes for customised avatars...

New parameters are 150 pixels x 150 pixels and a File size limit of 48.8 KB. (Whichever is smaller)
                Quite an increase in size,and should really raise the definition of your art and avatars!

GateWorld 3.0 New avatar size limits.JPG

Can you and others please check that out and also see if the automatic uploader is still able to show the details without blurriness?

(Sig sizes are the same as with GW 2.0.The vbb blurb piece needs to re-edited to show the correct info in our controls.ie 100kb file size and a pic ,max of 700 pixels wide x 200 pixels high.Text and sig *combined* size to be 200in height max.)

Background colours: Darren's aware the white in post boxes isn't loved,so when he gets time he'll try some tweaks.

Are any of you seeing any broken links in forums or any other signs that fixes may be needed anywhere? Test things and let us know!
                Last edited by Bagpuss; 13 September 2017, 03:37 PM. Reason: Sig info to be updated!

Comment

Yay! I've now uploaded a 150x150 avatar and it seems to have worked fine.

The only issue I can see with avatars now is that those smaller than 150x150 are still being blown up.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Britta View Post
                    Yay! I've now uploaded a 150x150 avatar and it seems to have worked fine.

The only issue I can see with avatars now is that those smaller than 150x150 are still being blown up.
                    Way to go,Britta!

Yes, the automatic resizer might be the culprit for the re-scaling issue (ie the blurry edges and loss of detail.)

My av needs to go back to the photobucket because it's rescaled to 150 x 157,and I can see some others aren't coming up as 150 x 150 too,so...bring on ye tests and if need be ,post a cap or two, ,Gaters!

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      Falcon and Britta: you asked about the sizes for customised avatars...

New parameters are 150 pixels x 150 pixels and a File size limit of 48.8 KB. (Whichever is smaller)
                      Quite an increase in size,and should really raise the definition of your art and avatars!!
                      Cool, I see a new ava and sig set waiting to be made then XD

Comment

The actual image files haven't been resized so it appears to be a html issue.

EDIT: In the css the style postuseravatar contains the attribute width: 150px, which I think should read width: auto.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
                          Cool, I see a new ava and sig set waiting to be made then XD
                          Indeed...or maybe see if there are more tweaks during the next few days that'll help and cost you less work?

Originally posted by Britta View Post
                          The actual image files haven't been resized so it appears to be a html issue.

EDIT: In the css the style postuseravatar contains the attribute width: 150px, which I think should read width: auto.
                          Thanks ,Britta!
                          Forwarded to Darren.The changes aren't finished yet,but this is the kind of thing we need to double check or tweak.

I've given him a list of things I've noticed,but I get a different "view" of the forum,so it's very helpful to see what YOU guys all see!

Comment

A little late with my updated avatar... which I just whipped up while uploading files at work. It's a Lemming combined with 2 Peregrin Falcons (also set them as backgrounds cause the bottom falcon looks truly high-larious on a desktop).
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I don't think anyone wants to see my avi clearer.............
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I just noticed.. When i did my weekly cashe/cookie clear out (which also logs me off all sites), and was doing my re-logging in, the box for "Remember me" was uncheckable..

Comment

Working...
                                X