This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
    I have 415 rep points and I ask you, where the heck are my glowy green boxes, mmm... All I have are normal green boxes
    The first 5 jello (green) blocks are dark green and the next six Jello blocks are glowy
    so once you reach the fifth one your sixth will be glowy
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      The first 5 jello (green) blocks are dark green and the next six Jello blocks are glowy
      so once you reach the fifth one your sixth will be glowy
      Thanks for that info, Tame, Skydiver was unclear about the info, and it confused me.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
        I have 415 rep points and I ask you, where the heck are my glowy green boxes, mmm... All I have are normal green boxes
        once you hit 501 you should get a glowy green box i believe.

then it's 700, 900 etc to get another one
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

To clarify, Reputation is supposed to be a "fun" feature (though some people take it so seriously that it's just not). Your reputation affects absolutely nothing about your forum account, posting ability, or access to features. It only affects the green blockies that are displayed on your posts.

Those who don't want to play can disable their Reputation in the "My Controls" panel.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I just got the WSOD ... and pages are loading very slow for me...is GW having upgrades or something that could be causing this....or is my ISP just trying to get on my nerves again
            The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
              I just got the WSOD ... and pages are loading very slow for me...is GW having upgrades or something that could be causing this....or is my ISP just trying to get on my nerves again
              it could just be a fluctuation of web traffic to the site. I was having issues earlier today WSOD and slow loading pages but now it seems to be working ok
              *shrug* sometimes i think it is just the Internets way of letting us know who is really boss
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

it could just be a fluctuation of web traffic to the site. I was having issues earlier today WSOD and slow loading pages but now it seems to be working ok
                Yeah it seems to be ok now...but i fear it will attack me again guess ill just have to be ready for it
                *shrug* sometimes i think it is just the Internets way of letting us know who is really boss
                I dont think its the internet, i think its the squirrells who control the internet
                The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                  To clarify, Reputation is supposed to be a "fun" feature (though some people take it so seriously that it's just not).
                  Those who don't want to play can disable their Reputation in the "My Controls" panel.
                  Oh and they do take it so seriously.

Question: Spoilers for Season 2 SGA Conversion and GUP

Spoiler:
                  Is it still a spoiler to have the kiss between Teyla and Sheppard from Conversion in sigs? There are at least two I know of being used by shippers of them, if it is not allowed yet; how about making a Mod post in that shipp thread and telling them?

If it is OK how long before the GUP Kisses can be used? *I know you want to say NEVER!!!*

Sorry I know it is a pain.

Comment

don't be surprised if things are wiggy tomorrow. if the rumored 'worm' attack happens tomorrow (there was a story on the yahoo web page that there's a nasty little worm out there that's set to go off tomorrow) then the net might be slow

since these things perpetrate by e-mail and if there's computers out there sending dozens of mails out with the virus attached, the sheer volume of traffic will slow things down.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well, it's is tomorrow here (and has been all day ), and I haven't had any problems yet.... Guess it depends on whether this "bug" is supposed to activate on the 3rd in the US specifically, or just on the 3rd in general. (New Zealand being the first country in the world to see the new day - we edge up against the international dateline).

As for the "kisses", as they are from unaired episodes then they do qualify as spoilers.... it does get a bit knarly when such scenes are normally leaked waaaay ahead of time (frequently with pictures ), and when they throw in "behind the scenes" kisses to confuse us too (like that one of AT and MS), but the spoiler RULES are pretty clear about it

Comment

Two kisses has already aired in the States and that is the only one I have been seeing. So if it is from the SGA episode Conversion or was that Instinct..(I am bad with Ep names) and from SGA Grace under Pressure (that one was aired as a promo on Sci-Fi as well) then I think those are *out there* any others though have not been seen by the general viewing public.

Comment

Two kisses has already aired in the States and that is the only one I have been seeing. So if it is from the SGA episode Conversion or was that Instinct..(I am bad with Ep names) and from SGA Grace under Pressure (that one was aired as a promo on Sci-Fi as well) then I think those are *out there* any others though have not been seen by the general viewing public.
                          Yes I am confused. And sorry the spoiler rules don't say much at all about pics or stills.

So I can post the GUP one that was shown in the previews but not the rest? What about the ones from the publicity stills posted on a German Stargate site a while back?

These are stills.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...cypher/sam.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...ypher/sam1.jpg

Yes it is like flogging a dead horse a very confused dead horse.

Comment

I sympathise! I have to confess, I'm slightly confuzzled myself.
                            Yes, those images are spoilers because they come from eps that have only aired in the US on cable, but they were in all the promotional bits (on air ads etc), so they may wiggle out that way.

Best I can do for now is to throw it into Darren's court (or a more knowledegable mod ) and see what he/they say. For now, assume they're spoilers, post URL's with a warning, and leave them out of sigs. Hopefully clarity will strike - preferably not as a lightening bolt

Comment

the Spoiler rules for episode apply to images as well period so if the rules say spoiler tags for any episode not yet aired, the current season and the previous season if not yet in syndication then that will apply to any images as well.
                              UNLESS the image itself does not give away a major plot point. ie. Sam and Daniel standing together looking at the Gate from an unaired episode does not give anything away.
                              ie. Rodney looking askance at someone from an unaired episode does not give anything away.

If you know that its something not everyone has yet seen then you know it is a spoiler

As for the links you posted.... Its a hard call because Sci-Fi showed that as part of the commercial promos for the show so that puts that particular scene in a different place to me

But I will have to back-track on what I said earlier...I was wrong I know surprised me too

But I think we will have to err on the side of caution until the season has played out. Since the rules for spoilers do apply to both text and images for all then we need to adhere to that period with the exceptions that I stated above

Darren is still the best answer man but until we hear from him I will say keep a lid on the pics

Comment

the Spoiler rules for episode apply to images as well period so if the rules say spoiler tags for any episode not yet aired, the current season and the previous season if not yet in syndication then that will apply to any images as well.
                                UNLESS the image itself does not give away a major plot point. ie. Sam and Daniel standing together looking at the Gate from an unaired episode does not give anything away.
                                ie. Rodney looking askance at someone from an unaired episode does not give anything away.

If you know that its something not everyone has yet seen then you know it is a spoiler

As for the links you posted.... Its a hard call because Sci-Fi showed that as part of the commercial promos for the show so that puts that particular scene in a different place to me

But I will have to back-track on what I said earlier...I was wrong I know surprised me too

But I think we will have to err on the side of caution until the season has played out. Since the rules for spoilers do apply to both text and images for all then we need to adhere to that period with the exceptions that I stated above

Darren is still the best answer man but until we hear from him I will say keep a lid on the pics
                                Can I just add that some of these pictures may have been seen on promos on tv, but this is just in the US. For the rest of us we haven't seen these promos nor the episodes.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X