This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    One thing to bear in mind, I do love all the suggestions, but if it's not a show me or the mods watch, making the theme is rather hard. If it's not a show that I watch, for example, it's a couple of hours scanning wiki to find the terms to use for the theme.
    I suggest you take suggestions from the Cantina, you could spend eternity scanning that
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

And go mad in the process
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I think I'd prefer the mos Eisley cantina. It's tamer.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Themes may come back. I do think the last time we did one maybe 6 people seemed to notice?
          So when real life got busy it was easy to let them slide.

But they may come back. It all depends if we have the time to come up with stuff.
          Fair enough. Maybe once a month is a bit too often, but three or four times a year might work?
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I think I'd prefer the mos Eisley cantina. It's tamer.
            Heh; take it from me, Anchorhead Cantina {also on Tatooinebut not in Mos Eisley} is larger, and could fit the Forum nicely!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Other than going through the forum pages, is there a list of past themes?
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

All the theme threads are tagged with "forum theme",as far as I know.

For easier ref though:

Themes done so far:

2011-2012

Classic Movies
                MacGyver
                Looney Toons
                Harry Potter
                Star Trek
                B monsters in movies
                Muppets
                Holiday movies
                no theme
                Fave Scifi space ships
                St Pat's day
                Green Theme
                Smurfs
                Grimm fairy tales/OUAT
                Eureka
                "Stargate" Olympics
                Supernatural
                NCIS
                LOTR /The Hobbit (Movie 2)

Merlin
                Farscape
                Doctor Who ( To celebrate it's Return)
                Aporkalypse ( Bacon theme- April fools Day)
                Firefly
                Star Trek - complete redo of the Ranks.Tech based.In time for the new Abrams ST movie.
                Westerns
                Iron Man /SHIELD
                Pixar/Pixar Movies
                Dexter
                Sanctuary
                Doctor Who : 50th Anniversary Nov 23.
                December theme : Classic Holiday Movies.(Chosen by Member vote)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January : Fringe
                February : Castle
                March : Game of Thrones
                April : April Fools Day - CatWorld
                April : BSG
                May : WH13 .Farewell to the show.
                June : Deepspace 9
                July : Back to the Future Trilogy
                August: Shark Week
                September: The Big Bang Theory
                October: The X-Files
                November: Tribute to Glen A. Larson
                December : The Hobbit final movie/Trilogy
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January: Babylon 5
                February: Medical /Hospital-based Shows
                March: Downton Abbey (Feb 27th-March 1st)
                April: April Fools ( My Little Pony & Care Bears) + Game of Thrones (April 10-12)
                May: May the Fourth be With you Day ( Extended 4th through 6th)
                June: Jurassic Park (12th-14th)
                July: Minions (10th -12th)
                August: Dog Days of Summer
                September: Pirates!
                October: The Nightmare before Christmas
                November: The Hunger Games
                December: Holiday Titles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January: Sherlock (BBC)
                February: Leap Year/Leap Day
                March: Downton Abbey
                April Fools' Day: No Theme.
                April : No Theme.
                May: Star Wars (inc the newest movie characters etc)
                June: No Theme.
                July: No Theme.
                August: No Theme.
                September: No Theme.
                October:
                November:
                December:

We're pondering something for October,but left that blank for now.
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Regarding themes...September should have had a Star Trek theme because 50-years ago earlier this month (the 8th September I believe) was when that show began...but as with everything regarding this show's 50th it has been absolutely unrecognised so your missing it is pretty much par for the course. Very much a damp squib and total disappointment of a 50th anniversary.

Anyway, moving on...

On 22nd October it will be the 10th anniversary of Torchwood so may I again suggest a theme to recognise that show's start?

Thanks team!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

As I and Sky pointed out,various personal RL issues and also dwindling feedback meant the themes were kinda put on hold for a while.

The 50th anniversary of Trek was massively celebrated elsewhere round the net.If you and others look through the list of past themes,you'll see we featured Trek several times.It's hardly an ignored classic.

As always the whole idea is to have fun.

Re TW.Your suggestion is already on the list we keep.

Stay tuned and beware of weevils.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      As I and Sky pointed out,various personal RL issues and also dwindling feedback meant the themes were kinda put on hold for a while.

The 50th anniversary of Trek was massively celebrated elsewhere round the net.If you and others look through the list of past themes,you'll see we featured Trek several times.It's hardly an ignored classic.

As always the whole idea is to have fun.

Re TW.Your suggestion is already on the list we keep.

Stay tuned and beware of weevils.
                      I appreciate the RL issues being a factor and ST not being ignored and the show being celebrated on-line...but I'm talking about non-website related celebrations. TPTB had months and months to plan to do something more significant in my very humble opinion.

I'm glad to hear that Torchwood is still on the list of themes to do. I am ready for the Weevils...my Time Agent Vortex Manipulator is close to hand for a quick escape.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Well Alan, maybe if someone had brought things up or even put together a theme maybe it could have happened. The whole world celebrated Star Trek's 50th, and ya know, we've not had a theme since May 4th and it's taken people months to remark upon it....kinda tells ya how much it's on the forefront of peoples mind.

Easy to arm chair quarterback Monday Morning.

We've all had significant real life issues going on. I for one have been dealing with a parent having brain surgery, so themes have been a wee bit down on my to do list. Sorry you were disappointed but....them's the breaks.

Maybe you'd like to work on coming up with some themes. For every theme we need 14 ranks and 18 rep comments...that make sense in the genre they're in...in other words if you have characters outranking each other that shouldn't be you'll hear about it. And must be spell checked because if you typo a name, you'll hear about it. You also have to bear in mind equal representation and the fact that if you have a male or female name you'll hear from the folks that, for example, are male but don't want their title to be a female. Or are upset because their favorite character is left out, or don't like having characters they don't care for included. You also should try to not have your comments insulting anyone or denigrating them...people can get upset if their new temporary rep comment insults them in some way.

The rep comments also must be phrased a specific way to fit into the forum template.

So, if you'd like to take a stab at it....
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

*stabs Sky*

Muhahahaaahahahaha!!!
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Sky raised a lot of good points,if you guys will pardon the pun.

Coming up with themes is cool,and the more help we get the better.

I live in the UK,so some shows/themes are easily created: but if a show isn't aired at all here ,airs months after the US/Canada /NZ/Australia/Europe or is on a channel I'd have to splurge out to access via extra subscriptions and expensive contracts,I have to defer to the Mods/Members who can more easily watch the show.
                            Likewise,shows like Downton Abbey first air in the UK then go Stateside later via PBS,and there are plenty other similar examples where we have to beware of spoiling shows for each other and other GateWorlders.

Comment

Thank you for the list, Baggie!
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

That's a fab list Baggie. It's so easy to forget how many great themed weekends we've had here thanks to you and Sky.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X