This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
    this has been asked I am sure but just curious why isn't there a spoilers button like there used to be before I use quotes button and just put spoilers but why did it go away
    The spoiler button hack kept unravelling every time Darren tried to restore it,thanks to vbulletin changes,so he gave up quite a while ago.

Hopefully at some point he'll find a fix-up,but for the time being,we need to do the "Spoiler" and "/Spoiler" tag boxes manually.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
      I was wondering, since Star Trek turns 50 this year and Star Trek DS9 had its own theme, if TNG, Voyager and Enterprise could each have their own theme leading up to the 50th?

I left out TOS, its movies and TAS because I'm assuming they would be for the 50th.

Edit: This is what I mean by my post. I figured that there will be a 50th Star Trek theme in Sept. that will mostly likely deal with the early Trek, TOS, its movies and TAS. so during the months prior, Jan-Aug. is possible for TNG, Voyager and Enterprise to each have their own theme, thus, in a way leading up to the 50th theme.

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      I'm no moderator but I personally don't think they should. It's the the show that starred William Shatner that is celebrating its 50th this year, not the spin-offs. The theme should just be dedicated to Kirk, Spock and the rest of the crew of the NCC-1701 U.S.S. Enterprise.
      I'll take both suggestions to the other Mods/Sky.
      We've done Trek themes at least twice,but we'll see what can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Happy New Year to you both and to every other GateWorlder!

Best wishes for 2016.
        And you too! Happy 2016!

Speaking of anniversaries and themes...October 22nd 2016 will be the 10-year anniversary of the start of the Doctor Who spin-off Torchwood on BBC Three here in the UK. Is there any possibility of getting a theme dedicated to it?

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Taken the details to the other Mods!

Comment

Taken the details to the other Mods!
            Thank you.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

The spoiler button hack kept unravelling every time Darren tried to restore it,thanks to vbulletin changes,so he gave up quite a while ago.

Hopefully at some point he'll find a fix-up,but for the time being,we need to do the "Spoiler" and "/Spoiler" tag boxes manually.
              ok thanks for answering
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                Thank you.
                Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                ok thanks for answering
                You're both very welcome!

Comment

Dear mods, do I sense a short-out coming on? I've been getting 502 - Bad Gateway messages all day when I try to post. I need to refresh several times for it to work.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

That error's been happening a lot more since the Sites & Forum had an hour or so's outage the other day.

Darren and Greg know about the server glitching,so hopefully there'll be a fix soon.

In the meantime,I'd advise you all to copy/paste PMs/VMs and longer posts before hitting preview or post to make sure you don't lose the content!

Comment

Okidoki, thanks.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

That error's been happening a lot more since the Sites & Forum had an hour or so's outage the other day.

Darren and Greg know about the server glitching,so hopefully there'll be a fix soon.

In the meantime,I'd advise you all to copy/paste PMs/VMs and longer posts before hitting preview or post to make sure you don't lose the content!
                        I hope the server itself is not hosted in the west coast USA, three days ago there was a massive DDoS attack and pretty much killed several datacenters over there {even killed TOR's west coast servers for 6 hours!}

Good to see everything is so far working though, occasionally I see the 502 error page though, not constant though; most of the time its my own internet screwing up

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Okidoki, thanks.
                          Y'welcome!

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                          I hope the server itself is not hosted in the west coast USA, three days ago there was a massive DDoS attack and pretty much killed several datacenters over there {even killed TOR's west coast servers for 6 hours!}

Good to see everything is so far working though, occasionally I see the 502 error page though, not constant though; most of the time its my own internet screwing up
                          We don't think the glitches etc had any connection to what you described,but Greg will know more soon.

Comment

Just a thought, but given all of the Marvel Cinematic Universe stuff is in one folder, shouldn't all of the Arrowverse stuff also be in one folder - especially considering that some of the existing ones have very few posts on them. As it's all one universe it would keep everything nicely contained...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

What's happened to the theme weekends? I don't think we've had one since SW in May and I'm here almost every day. Are they coming back?

I can imagine that they're a lot of work, especially the ranks and green statuses, but I don't think I'm the only one who misses them.
                              sigpic

Comment

Is there any chance that you could tell me how many posts I need to make before I'm no longer considered a probie? I'm getting annoyed by the fact that I need to be mod-approved for every single post I make, and I'm not going to do anything against the rules.

Comment

Working...
                                X