Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Animated avatars possible ? If so, size limits are what exactly ? Becaiuse I want to use this, and resizing it screws it up http://31.media.tumblr.com/ba7deb6c8...d7jwo4_250.gif

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Several GateWorlders have had animated Avs,but the file size ,number of frames and the pixel size seems to be way too high on the gif you've linked to, so the uploader can't cope.

That said, there's definitely a way to reduce the gif,so take a look here (Link) and ask Britta to take a look.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I'm just waiting to hear back from Darren, then the Omnipedia should be back online.

Comment

^ our hero!
          sigpic

Comment

Did we have a carebear theme for April Fool's Day?
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

We did. Then they ran off back to Care-A-Lot to scheme further shenanigans another day...

Thought it might be good to put up the list from yesterday!
              Spoiler:

Post Titles

Airman – Daydream Bear
              Staff Sergeant - Share Bear
              Chief Master Sergeant – Funshine Bear
              Second Lieutenant – Forest Friend Bear
              First Lieutenant – Harmony Bear
              Captain – Wonderheart Bear
              Major – Bedtime Bear
              Lieutenant Colonel – Good Luck Bear
              Colonel – Love-a-Lot Bear
              Brigadier General – Wish Bear
              Major General – Friend Bear
              Lieutenant General – Cheer Bear
              General – Tenderheart Bear
              Air Force Chief of Staff - Champ Bear

Reputations:

is an up-and-coming trainee. - learns the 'Care Bear Stare'
              is being considered to join the Stargate program. – sings with Harmony Bear
              just got transferred to Stargate Command. – knits a shawl for Grams Bear
              is a back-up SG-team member. - babysits Hugs and Tugs
              is a permanent member of an SG-team. - helps Forest Friend Bear
              is a popular officer at Stargate Command. – goes swimming with Sea Friend Bear
              has their pick of any assignment at the S.G.C. - understands Secret Bear's Mimes
              is an SG-team leader! – Meets the Earth and Pegasus Ponies
              is commander of SG-1! – hands out cookies with Share Bear
              is in charge at Stargate Command! – gathers a My Little Pony Posse
              is top brass at Homeworld Security. – defeats Professor Coldheart
              has a Daedalus-class battle cruiser named after them. – shares night watch with Bedtime Bear
              has ascended to a higher plane of existence. So long, mortals! - Eats Blue-Jello Cupcakes with Birthday Bear
              is a server in the Ascended Diner - picnics in the Forest of Feelings
              is a Host/Hostess in the Ascended Diner – Makes Care-and-Share Charms
              is head chef at the Ascended Diner – Clears Grumpy's Cloud
              is the manager of the Ascended Diner - Drives the Care-A-Van
              uses Ascended Beings as icing on their cake – is the Happiest Bear in Care-A-Lot

There'll be a full on April theme soon.Details to be finalised.
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 02 April 2015, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                We did. Then they ran off back to Care-A-Lot to scheme further shenanigans another day...
                I caught the tail end of it, hence my question.

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                There'll be a full on April theme soon.Details to be finalised.
                Looking forward... It's also Parkinson's Awareness Month, though a theme on that might be a bit shaky*.

* yes, pun intended. Not meant in bad way but sometimes humor is a good way to deal with the illness (not me).

Comment

To be honest, I can't really see a way to do post/rep titles based on Parkinson's or other conditions,but there's nothing wrong with generating interest and awareness.None of us know what lies ahead in medical terms for ourselves or for our friends and families.

Could always start an Awareness Thread and make sigs and avs to offer others to get the message out on how to recognise the symptoms ,and refer readers to the Charity websites?

I liked your pun.One of my fellow Cardiac Rehab patients wears her "I'm not drunk-I have Parkinson's" badge very proudly.She said some time ago that strangers laugh ,but often then go on to ask her deep questions about her ways of dealing with her symptoms.

Comment

Hey all,

Just popping my head in to say the Omnipedia is back. Darren will provide an update or more info in due course, but thought i'd let people know quickererer.

Comment

how wonderful! the omnipedia has come back to life. i know several people who will be very happy. thank you whoever fixed it.

Comment

Is there a particular reason why my video shows up as a link and not as a video? I put it in spoiler-tags, and video-tags so it should show up as video and not just a link.

Comment

Is this the right thread? See test(link)

Did you press the video link option or type in the tag manually? All I did was use the button.Maybe there's a glitch somewhere!

Comment

I just copy and pasted the link, using the handy tag-button. I noticed yours worked, so it's probably just something on my end.

Thanks for checking anyways.

Comment

Y'welcome Falcon!

A few Tablet/phone users have been having trouble embedding vids too.We can't confirm whether it's a browser glitch or Vbb-related.
                              If anyone's still having the same problem,please let us know.Pm the details if you prefer not to ask in this thread.

Comment

So was wondering, how about a Mass Effect theme? based on the game trilogy, I noticed there are a few fans of the games on this board
                                Last Movie Watched
                                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                                Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                                X