Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just thought I'd remind you that the new series of Doctor Who starts tomorrow. At some point please can someone make some official episode discussion threads?

The episode titles have been released by the BBC - http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho...itles-and-More

Cheers!

P.S. Great sig Baggie.

Comment

Hi Blen!

Darren's been travelling this week but he's got the list,so it won't be long now before he creates the Folder and threads.

Glad you like my sig.It was something fun to make while I count down the hours and minutes till Deep Breath airs!
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Hi everyone.

If you're seeing this error "Bad Gateway nginx" and/or can't access SciFi Stream,don't worry.Darren's been mailed and a fix will be applied asap,either by Darren or Greg.

Doing a simple "refresh" (Ctrl and F5) or hitting the back-button should clear the error(s) if you're trying to post or leave a VM/PM.
        (Might be a good idea for the moment to copy your messages before hitting "send" in case it fails to go through.)

Doctor Who: "Deep Breath" - there's no section created yet for S8 ,but we have a plan B, so worry not.

Update: The glitches were fixed hours ago.Thread for Deep Breath is here for the moment: LINK
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 23 August 2014, 10:50 AM.

Comment

I may have forgotten this or my mind totally frozen over this past week but; avatars in user profiles when posting are limited to 120x120px correct ?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Yes.

The Avatar limit is still fixed at 120 x 120 pixels max with a max File limit of 19.5 Kb.

However,any pic should be usable in most formats without damaging the quality of the image,because the Forum Uploader was fixed quite a while back.

ie: if an image is bigger than those vbb limits,the resizer should auto-shrink it to fit into the av template,regardless of Pixel/KB size.
            That Uploader shortcut also works in Profiles and Signature pics.

(To produce a higher quality customised Avatar/Profile or Sigpic ,you may still need or prefer to measure the dimensions.)

Comment

Oh good, so I'm on par then

Now then, in a little over a week {28 Sept} we get season 4 of Once Upon a Time, So now I've a small qustion; when do the season four eps get a folder ? Is thjere a timeframe for it to be made or is it done on the day ? Just curious

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Darren has it on his "to-do" list.Don't worry,it'll get done in time.

Comment

I'm going to ask a potentially stupid question. Yesterday, my "rank" was Second Lieutenant. Today it is Kripke. Why is that? It's at a random number of posts too. Sorry for the nuisance.
                  sigpic

Comment

No need to apologise,Kirsten!

Every month we run a "Forum Theme" weekend,to celebrate shows,cartoons,genres or movies and temporarily give everyone a theme related "Title" in their Rep and posts.

This month it's the turn of The Big Bang Theory
                    You don't have to make avs,pics or sigs for the Themes unless you want to.

Comment

That'll be why it made no sense at all! I shall hopefully remember when it changes next time. I've never watched The Big Bang Theory, which possibly added to my confusion
                      sigpic

Comment

Sorry to cause confusion.

I or Sky usually put the weekend up as an "event" in the Forum Calendar,and put out the thread a few days to a week ahead of the next themes,but it's easily missed unless you check the lower part of the Front Page or this section,or someone mentions the changes!

Comment

Is there a way to download a copy of all the post in my group without going page by page?

Comment

You mean like an Archived or Printable version?
                            I can't see any options in the Group or separate discussion thread controls,but I'll mail Darren and see if he knows of any way to do it.

Have you tried using the Snipping Tool or Print screen ? It's fiddly but you'd be able to copy several messages per "Snip" if you know what I mean.

ETA: Mailed Darren,but I don't know how long it'll take to get a reply.Will contact you when I know more/update this thread.
                            Last edited by Bagpuss; 27 September 2014, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Is there a command in the user settings somewhere to disable youtube videos from appearing as clickable videos in threads ? My wireless is pretty much dead and having to wait for such video links to load takes forever if I'm not plugged into the internet ports.

Maybe a setting somewhere to have youtube videos showing up as a link to the video ? Or a popup when clicking to the video directly ?

Comment

Is it possible to add additional text to a thread title?

Comment

Working...
                                X