This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    i'm not seeing a message. i'm making very small posts basically.

i went back to count how many characters were in the one post i just posted to someone on my profile page, and now the once split into two posts is one. this is weird.
    I snuck a look at your VM conversations and everything looks normal...so it looks like a Browser glitch/hiccup.

If it happens again,copy/paste what you wanted to post so you don't lose it,then press ctrl and F5 to refresh your profile/convo view.
    Take a look again,then if all's well,paste in your saved message.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
      using Firefox i can now use the search box, but using safari on my iMac i can't enter anything in the search box. even in firefox it's hard to find things, like a list of all races-it only gives you statements that the word races is included in. wish it would get back to working like normal soon again. i really miss it.
      Fixing the Omni's not an easy task and it's something the Mods /Forum Admins don't have access to,but here's something you and others can try out:

Going to the Omnipedia itself only gives us the search option.(Not a lot of help if your browsers aren't letting you through.)
      The drop-down menu isn't working ,but there's a way to get at the menu list & Races,

Go here instead : GW Home: Main page

Move your cursor ("Mouse over") the Omnipedia link,then use the drop -down menu.

Shortcuts here :

Characters

Races

Planets

Ships

Technology

Miscellany

Those links should all work in IE,FF or Chrome/Safari.Add them into your favorites/Bookmarks and they ought to help till Greg can sort out the Omni links.
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 07 May 2014, 12:45 AM.

Comment

thanks, i'll give it a try.

Comment

You probably can't help with this, but I'm going to ask anyway.

I've been having words with Photobucket. Mine stopped working a couple of weeks ago. If I try to go to any page but the first or move from one album to another, PB closes. They said there's something wrong with MY computer, not their site and I have to do all this cr@p (delete cookies, etc). Well, the last time I did that, I got locked out of several of my accounts because I didn't remember what email and password combination I used.

PB literally worked for me just before I shut it down for the night. Then, in the morning, I tried to use it first thing and that's when it started acting a fool. No one but me uses the laptop because I live alone. How could something have been put on my computer while I was sleeping and not using it? I know I didn't walk in my sleep so that can't be it.

So PB has to fix things or I have to find another site to use for photo uploads so I can post them to GW. Any ideas on that last?

Comment

I'd advise running your security /antivirus first and maybe the free malwareytes program to see if you have a malware/adware problem.

Aside from PB there's Imageshack,Imgur,tinypic,deviantART and other image hosts you can check out to see if they're suitable.

I'd suggest asking in Members helping Members and Artwork for All threads to make sure you get more detailed advice from GateWorlders,especially the ones who create art and banners.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              I'd advise running your security /antivirus first and maybe the free malwareytes program to see if you have a malware/adware problem.

Aside from PB there's Imageshack,Imgur,tinypic,deviantART and other image hosts you can check out to see if they're suitable.

I'd suggest asking in Members helping Members and Artwork for All threads to make sure you get more detailed advice from GateWorlders,especially the ones who create art and banners.
              Imageshack is not free.

Comment

I didn't say it was.

Comment

Hello I am having a lil trouble. the 'reply' and the 'reply with quote' buttons wont work for me (the thing whirls but doesnt get me anywhere, and when i edit the 'save' button wont work. I have to use the quick reply box to post, I do not mind this, as its just a minor thing, i am curious as to what is causing it
                  sigpic

Comment

Browser or XP (?) glitch maybe.

Let us know if you're still having the problem when you log in later.

Comment

Still got it,it started yesterday, its still spinning now as i type this I have got FF and i am still on XP, but it seems to just be here and its just those three buttons. Still spinning
                      sigpic

Comment

Press the stop button and CTRL and F5.You might have a slow ad,or it could be your antivirus autoblocking something ,or a plug in that's causing the problem.

Can you check your add-ons and plug-ins and see if any are out of date.See if Java is enabled or disabled too.(FF may have already blocked that plug in.)

Comment

Yeah it working now, i reset FF, seems to have fixed it, thank you dear
                          sigpic

Comment

Y'welcome!

Comment

How about another Game of Thrones theme?
                              Last edited by mr_kennedy; 19 May 2014, 06:57 AM.
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

Already done in March ,so it's a bit soon for a repeat!

Comment

Working...
                                X