Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take a look here : Where did my sig go?/Sig rules and questions because there's quite a lot of info and attached illustrations there.

Basically though : as long as you have an image you can freely use/own that fits into a format of 700 pixels wide x 180 pixels in depth and a KB file size of max 100KB ,save it to your comp files or a third party host ( PB,imageshack,etc).

Then go into your controls ->edit signature -> upload the pic with the tags [SIGPIC] and [/SIGPIC] at either side.

To centralise the pic put the tags "CENTER" and "/CENTER" in the square brackets too around the SIGPIC tags.

You can preview the whole sig before saving it and test it in the sig thread or in the test thread in OT HERE.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Greetings, mods. My question is: How do we make a new forum?

Comment

Subforums are done by Darren if he thinks they're needed...or do you mean you'd like to create a new thread?

Comment

Every time I come to Gateworld it freezes my computer and a message comes up at the bottom of the screen saying Gateworld is not responding. Am I the only one having this problem?

Frustrated,

Kay aka Mumsey
          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

There was some downtime this morning for an hour or so,but to the best of our knowledge ,everything has been running well since then.

Try clearing your browser,cache and cookies,then logging back in.

Comment

the omnipedia is still not working right. i suppose it's being worked on tho.

Comment

Yes and Greg will fix the codes etc as soon as he can.

( In the meantime,the main links and search are working just fine.)

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  Subforums are done by Darren if he thinks they're needed...or do you mean you'd like to create a new thread?
                  Yeah, that's it. A new thread. pookey took care of it for me. Thanks.

Comment

Now I'm having a problem. Whenever I post a pic or reply, I get the message that reminds me that I'm in the middle of a post and asks if I want to leave this page or stay on this page. The annoying thing is I've hit "Quick Reply" and have not tried to navigate away from that page in the middle of a post.

If I choose "leave" it makes a duplicate post. If I choose "stay" it doesn't complete the posting process. So I've been choosing "leave" then going back and deleting the dupe post.

Comment

Originally posted by FanGirl View Post
                      Now I'm having a problem. Whenever I post a pic or reply, I get the message that reminds me that I'm in the middle of a post and asks if I want to leave this page or stay on this page. The annoying thing is I've hit "Quick Reply" and have not tried to navigate away from that page in the middle of a post.

If I choose "leave" it makes a duplicate post. If I choose "stay" it doesn't complete the posting process. So I've been choosing "leave" then going back and deleting the dupe post.
                      This happened to me earlier this week as well. It always seems to occur every now and then, before it goes away again.
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

That sometimes happens to me too, but without the duplicate post part. Generally when my connection to GateWorld is slow.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

That vbb glitch has been happening for a long time now and we're all affected by it.

We keep hoping it can be zatted ,but with a huge database and literally thousands of codes to check ,it's been impossible for Greg to pin it down or fix permanently.

All we can suggest is that you delete the double posts,and IF you're on a slow connection,try to up the connection speed at your IP ,Windows Updates and browser levels and regularly check your add-ons and plug ins.

Handy link for Firefox users : Mozilla -Firefox Speed

If you need to upgrade your edition of FF, that can slow everything down,on or off GW,until you upgrade,so worth checking out.

For Members who use IE and other Browsers ; I don't have a link,but you can check out their support sites.

Comment

I demand the possibility - for elder/ancient users at least, especially the most awesome among us such as myself - to upload custom smileys into the GW database!

Comment

Not possible,BUT if you or others would like Darren to consider uploading any smilies to the Database ,feel free to mail him at the webmaster-at-gateworld-dot-net address.

Include some sample smilies!

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                                Not possible,BUT if you or others would like Darren to consider uploading any smilies to the Database ,feel free to mail him at the webmaster-at-gateworld-dot-net address.

Include some sample smilies!
                                k
                                btw my sample would consist of slightly more than a hundred smileys - would that be ok?

Comment

Working...
                                X